“Very disappointing visit ”
Review of Tir na Si

Tir na Si
More attraction details
Owner description: Tír na Sí (meaning 'Land of the Fairies') is an 20 acre working farm. We try to be as self sufficent as possible, rearing our own beef, pork and lamb and growing our own vegetables and potatoes. All the hay for winter feeding is made here on the farm without the use of chemical fertilisers. We use wood for heat and hot water. We also have a woodfired oven, and all the food in our restaurant is homemade. A lot of our animals are animals which have been rehomed here. There is a large Indoor Play area, Outdoor playground, Fairy woods, Horse and trap ride and crazy golf.
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Just home after a very disappointing day at Tir Na Si, my first time visiting and unfortunately it will be my last. There was 3 adults and 6 children and the general consensus was if it wasn't for the indoor play area we would have only been there for an hour at the most. There were few animals for a farm, there is hedging outside all of them therefore the kids had to be lifted up to see them in the field. The fairy trail is dull and dirty and the entire grounds are dilapidated in my opinion. I'm a farmers daughter myself and I still felt the overall appearance and experience was very shabby. The indoor play area was great but the farm lets it down.

All reviews
"family ticket"
"school"
"diggers"

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Went here today with my husband, 4.5 year old and 2.5 year old. We decided to go for an all inclusive ticket which was €26 for a family ticket. We started with the outdoor playground which had a nice play frame that includes climbing, 2 slides, and swings. There was also a see saw and some chairoplanes which my kids really enjoyed. The ride on toys looked a little old (missing pedals, cracked seats) There were also some diggers in a sand pit. Moving on from this we did the trail around the farm looking at the animals...there were quite a few to see and all looked well cared for. There were lots of seats to sit on if you wanted along the way. We then went to see the fairy houses...again the kids enjoyed it...knocking on the doors etc. We completed the loop and went inside the cafe/indoor play area. We had coffee and cupcakes. Very tasty ....food looked really good (there was a party going on at the time and pizzas chips etc looked really good) The indoor play area was a really nice one compared to others i have been to. All staff we came in contact with were very nice and pleasant.

So overall it was a lovely afternoon but I honestly think its just a little over priced. We paid €26 for the four of us ...there was a mini golf course there which was an additional €2 per person I really feel this should be included in the price...its sitting there anyway so why not just let the kids enjoy it for that price... I would be happier to pay €26 to include the mini golf or lower the family ticket to €20. Overall I would recommend it and will most likely return again in the future.

2  Thank LMR610
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Was here for a 6yr old birthday party. While we didn't have to pay entry, the normal rates seemed reasonable and there were 3 options (all inclusive, indoor only, outdoor only) which I thought was an excellent idea. Inside there is a good restaurant, a large play area and also electric tractor rides
Outside there is a large play area and the kids were taken along the animal path by horse and trap which they loved. The 2hr party was well organised and the kids loved it. We will definitely be back to explore the place a bit more

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Had a great day here recently. Indoor area is fantastic with a great little tractor circuit which my boy loved. Really clean facility and lovely cafe with good food menu great coffee and hot chocolate and really reasonable prices. Outdoor area was a lovely walk around to see the animals and the fairy trees. Would definitely visit again and great that you can choose to just use indoor area for a rainy day if you like.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2016

I visited tir na si with my 3 daughters, i found the farm walk expensive as not many animals came out of their houses to see us, the fairy section is overgrown & shabby. The play area was nice but over 12's were in the under 12's area which frightened my 3 girls.
So much so we had to leave.when i told the owner Julia my kids were nervous she just shrugged it off!
I wouldnt recommend Tir na Si next time ill go to Leahys open farm or Rumbleys open farm instead.

5  Thank Linda H
Tirnasi, Manager at Tir na Si, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

To ensure good animal welfare, all our animals have access to shelter just inside the entrance gate to their paddocks but generally they all come out if indoors, to meet visitors and in the hope it's feeding time.
As per your emails your main issue is that we had a group of special needs children visit on the day you were here, you found them noisy and you told me your own children were nervous, I replied that the group of children were 'special needs' and wouldn't be indoors long, as they planned to visit the farm as well. You did not have to leave, you had an all inclusive ticket and you could have gone to the farm or outdoor playground for awhile, or maybe explained to your own children. (Generally children are very understanding of children with special needs).
The children who used the playarea and paid for the playarea were aged under 12 the older children did not pay or use the playarea and simply had lunch with their carers. I myself was there all afternoon.