Sel Hotel Myvatn
US$245
US$170
Guesthouse Stong(Lake Myvatn)
TripAdvisor
Elda Guest House(Lake Myvatn)
Hlid Camping(Lake Myvatn)
  • Free Internet
Hlid Hostel(Reykjahlid)
  • Free Internet
All reviewspseudo cratershot waternorthern lightssouvenir shopthe hotel offerscomfortable hotelnature bathstea and coffee making facilitiesbuffet dinner and breakfasthorse ridingmany optionstroutlamb chopsacross the roadmyvatn areablue lagoonpleasant stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Traveled as a family with our 1 year old. They had an adorable crib set up. Very comfortable. Great location! Right across the street from a site!
Really helpful front staff. Easy check-in. Down the street is a market to buy snacks & such in a cute town. GO TO THE HOTSPRING!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Our photography group stayed three days at this hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The service at this hotel is first class. Due to location we ate all our meals at the hotel. The breakfasts were European style buffets. The The dinner menu had a nice selection of items. As you would expect meals were expensive but delicious. The service was excellent.
The thing I liked best about our stay is that the hotel monitors the Aurora throughout the night. And if you request they will call your room to let you know that the Auroras are visible. As a photographer I really appreciated that service.
If I returned to the area I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

One of the biggest and nicest hotel and restaurant you can find in the area. The personal is very kind. Prices quite expensive, as everywhere in this island. They offer many activities and local food!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Our tour group of 16 has been travelling around Iceland for a week. This hotel and its facilities has been one of our favourites. We love the diversity of courses at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We've particularly looked forward to coming back after a hard day's photo taking of natural beauty.....to lobster tails with garlic butter; arctic char and shrimp with vegetables; spicy chicken wings; pork ribs; lamb cutlets...and creme brulee for dessert. Delicious!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Clearly it's a hotel that has been a little outdated and maybe because there aren't many options in this area due to it being so rural? Not sure. We stayed here because of the tour group I was on. This was the hotel they had booked for us. Room was spacious. Bathroom was a good size, but that was the worst shower I have ever taken. The water would go in stages from hot to cold to piping and scalding hot to freezing cold, all on its own. Plumbing, to say the least definitely needs work. It was torture trying to take a decent shower.

The room itself, when I checked in, had a window left open in the middle of a freezing winter up north. Thanks. I went to close it and turn up the dial on the radiator to get a heated room, especially since I was heading out in that moment to go to Myvatn geothermal blue lagoons.

When I got back, my room was still cold. The radiator didn't seem to work either. Considering we were only there for a sleep and shower, I didn't bother making a fuss over it, was not worth the hassle. Luckily I was booked in a double bedroom and just ended up using the other comforter from the bed on top of what I already had to keep me warm through the night and in a comfortable sleep.

The only really cool thing I had to say was the towel warmer in the bathroom. It had its own pipe to turn on and keep warm. Came in handy after the awkward shower experience I had and freezing cold room.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo