Dellas Boutique Hotel(Kalambaka)
  • Pool
Hotel Meteora(Kalambaka)
US$46
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

US$106
  • Restaurant
Boufidis Rooms(Kastraki)
US$57
Hotels.com
All reviewsmarmaladefree breakfastevery morningperfect locationa great place to staythe ownermamadoradimitriguestsownsinformationtowngreecemonasteriesbalcony
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay in El Greco. Breakfast is selfmade by Mama Dora and you can pay a little money for it. Rooms are claen and there is a balkony around the hause. They offer a free hiking tour to the monastries in the Mountain.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in El Greco only for two days but I got to meet many people from all over the world and had a great and relaxing time.It has a good position to visit Meteora,plus they gave me the chance to do a hiking tour there with one young but experienced guy. Meteora is one of those places you have to see once in your life. I have to thank Mama Dora for the delicious pies she prepared everyday and the quince marmelade.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017

While in Greece, this place was the biggest surprise for me.
I have never been a scout but like 20 years ago I stayed in one scout camp in England for few nights and while here in Host El Greco, I really got flashbacks to those days.

I booked a bed for 2 nights here because read some blogs praising this hostel and it's atmosphere. I was expecting much more than what I get.

I felt more like sleeping in a store room than in an active hostel. The style of this place was quite messy (but everything was clean!). I even managed to lock myself to the bathroom because of a broken door handle.. Luckily one fellow traveller happened to be nearby and she heard my cries for help. Also for non-smoker it's annoying that the smell of cigarettes comes directly to the room from outdoor terrace.

If I come to Kalambaka again, I would try the other hostel nearby.

But anyway some good things here too:
+ everything was clean
+ close to the train station
+ supermarket just 1 min away
+ close to the city center

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This is the perfect place to stay near Meteora. The location is great. It's less than 5 minutes away from the bus station by walking, it's near the town center so there's lots of places to eat nearby, and you can actually reach Meteora on foot for about an hour or so. The staff was great, really helpful and they were always making sure i was okay. Wifi was fast and reliable, water was warm, and they provide free towels which was quite a nice bonus. There are also individual power outlets for each bed. They have their own hikes and tours too. it's not a party hostel but it has a nice social atmosphere, it's easy to make friends. Sadly I wasn't able to try their free breakfast because I was in a rush, but everyone else who have tried it loved it. This is a great place to stay in Kalambaka, I doubt if anyone would have anything to complain about this hostel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Very convenient for budget travelers, my only complaint being that it was a bit cramped for using the kitchen/common areas. Not a deal breaker by any means though. Dimitri was so friendly, and even runs a guided tour of some of the monasteries most mornings! The breakfast is very nice as well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple