“Nothing impressive nor memorable”
Review of Grand Depot Cafe

Grand Depot Cafe
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband, my mother and I stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel on a package which included dinner and breakfast at this restaurant. My mother selected the turkey dinner offerings which included mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, turkey of course, and asparagus spears. She said the turkey was tender but she was disappointed in the chicken soup starter as it was not very hot. She said the rest of the meal was, "Okay, I guess." After walking along the buffet and observing what was offered, I opted to have a freshly cooked while you wait pasta bowl. I was glad I decided to do that as, in the end, I probably had the best food out of the three of us. Had the salad bar been refreshed or stocked adequately, I might have built a salad, but several of the areas of the buffet were not "kept up" with what was supposed to be ready for the guests. Also, no one was at the carving station even though the meat was on display. Our breakfast the next morning was not anything to write home about in terms of yummy looking food. I skipped the buffet offerings and went to the omelet station where a very competent attendant cooked my omelet perfectly. The restaurant tables and flatware were clean and the servers were efficient and friendly for both of our meals. All in all, I think two out of the three of us were not thrilled with the buffet, and for my own meals, I think I just triumphed, more or less, over the circumstances by choosing to go to the cooking stations instead of eating from the buffet. In short, the experience was nothing to write home about, and when in the area again, I am sure we'd select a different place to eat in Williams.

2  Thank Jo B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was part of our package deal which included two dinners and two breakfasts. The food was ok and the process painless. The service for drinks and desert were good and friendly. The food was average. I am not a huge fan of buffets, but it was convenient for us to do it this way. I would not walk in off the street and pay the buffet prices, too many other nice local eateries in town.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Great food and amazing staff!! Karen made us feel at home our entire experience. She catered to our every desire and made our experience awesome. The food was great too. The salad was fresh with all the toppings. Homemade cream of potato soup was perfect. Turkey dinner with all the homemade fixings was as good as moms! Live music during dinner was the perfect touch. Will definitely recommend to anyone coming to the area and we’ll be back!!

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Great buffet. Plenty of food. Efficient staff and the entertainment was a nice touch.
Would recommend including meals with purchase of a train trip and take time to enjoy the atmosphere

Reviewed 12 April 2018

People who take the Grand Canyon Railway buy packages that include meals at this place. It is a buffet with a server that only delivers drinks and desserts. It can get unbearably crowded at train departure times in the a.m. and train return times in the p.m.

1  Thank calmtnman

Been to Grand Depot Cafe? Share your experiences!