Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Jess L

Perfect location, fun, good food, great experience.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks ago
I loved my experience at Waidroka Bay resort. The ground are beautiful, tucked away in a private paradise, our rooms were cute and comfortable, the food was amazing, and the service was impeccable.

It was my husbands birthday week and we decided to take a trip to Fiji to celebrate. His son and his girlfriend came as well and we had such an amazing time! My husband loves to dive and his son to surf and Waidroka had the perfect location and boat launch for them to indulge to their hearts desires. We went out on the boat with Justine, Tim, and Cap't Jim almost everyday and the resort is the perfect location to catch the best waves, wonderful diving, and some amazing snorkeling that we all took advantage of .. Justine and Tim were so attentive, walking my husbands son through taking on the Fijian waves and snapping professional level photos for us for amazing memories.. Just a super magical time all around.
All of the staff was top tier! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. You really feel like you belong, with family style dinner every night where we all sit around and talk about our adventures from the day. The food was delicious with lots of tasty options to choose from for breakfast and lunch, and then a wonderful 3 course dinner that seemed to get more delightful each night. We also got a chance to be apart of a traditional Kava Ceremony which was a lively experience.
On my husband's birthday they brought out a delicious cake, candles, ice cream and sang happy birthday. We were so touched and he said this was one of his best birthdays ever.
Thank you Debbie, Rod, Justine, Tim, Cordey, Marie, Mariana, Lithey , LaLa, Cap't Jim (please excuse name misspellings) and the host of staff for being so welcoming and amazing!
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Definitely take advantage of Yoga in the afternoons with Justine, she is very attentive and...
Trip type: Travelled with family
$421
  • Algotels
18.6 km from Waidroka Bay Resort
View more hotels in Korovisilou
All reviews shark dive surf guide dive staff great diving diving experience surface interval new managers the reefs open water fish other guests kava night dive shop main building dive days viti levu bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2024

The surfing team is amazing. We spent one morning surfing with them and had an absolute blast. The surfing sites are not accessible by swim. Therefore, Jim, the very nice boat captain, drove us to site. The waves were up to the Fiji expectations : stunning. Tim and Justine took great care of us, giving out advices and taking beautiful pictures of us.
Only thing is, I wound not advise this place if it’s your very first time on a board. Though, I am still a beginner and I was just fine ;)

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2023

My girlfriend and I had an 8 night stay in mid-december, staying in the panoramic view rooms. While the colour scheme was a a little out of date, the rooms were clean, comfortable and had superb aircon!

The legendary Fijian hospitality did not disappoint, and the staff were extremely accomodating of any of our requests. They even surprised us with a romantic couples dinner poolside!

In terms of surfing, we were a little unlucky with respect to conditions, although this is partly to be expected in the wet season. While we didn’t score the big barreling waves I’d been having dreams/nightmares about, I still enjoyed super fun waves in crystal clear, azure blue, bath warm water and almost no crowd. The only true downside in terms of surfing was that my girlfriend wasn’t able to learn to surf; this is partially because the waves were a little unfriendly for beginners, but also because there were no longboards or foamies for hire at the resort. I would suggest anyone looking to learn to surf at Waidroka bring their own board, and either bring their own coach or come with some prior experience. It is definitely more of an intermediate to advanced surfing destination.

We chose to pay for surf boat trips as we went rather than book a package with one trip daily included. I can highly recommend this approach in the surfing off-season/when travelling with non-surfers, as it took away the pressure to surf everyday.

In terms of other activities at the resort, we had an awesome time snorkelling, and enjoyed the daily yoga classes. There are also several external tours that the resort can book for you, from which we enjoyed the Navua river tubing! If I visited again I would have liked to kayak to one of the white sandy beaches just down the coast from the resort.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Waidroka and appreciated the personalised service and the beautiful nature!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2023

What a wonderful resort and location! We enjoyed a weeklong stay and surfed every day. The food was excellent and the staff were very warm and welcoming. We spent every day with Tim (surf guide) and Justine (yoga instructor). Not only were they excellent at their jobs, but they spent time with us outside our activities and were our companions throughout our stay. Tim's local knowledge of the surf breaks and swell was key to making the most of our surf sessions. Justine's calm and relaxing demeanor was essential in helping us relax post-surf and recover with her yoga sessions. They make a great team and are a wonderful asset to the resort. Compliments to the whole Waidroka team for a fantastic stay!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2023

I had a great time staying at Waidroka for a week. Wish I could stay longer! Huge appreciation for the team's hospitality and friendliness.
I did a total of 13 dives including the shark dives, which was the most amazing diving experience for me. Thank you Gary as the guide out in the ocean and Ciara helping to arrange the dives every day! I actually learned a lot more about the ocean surrounding the resort.
Also, shout out to the yoga instructor Justine for guiding the practice of restorative yoga. Really helped me to relax all the tension after diving. Managers Debby and Rod are so nice to chat with and helpful with my reservation before arrival. Thanks Tim, the surfing guide for being so nice and accompanying me with the others during mealtime (I was the only guest for 2 days due to the planned renovation closure of the resort prior to my arrival, but didn't affect the whole experience at all). And, the lovely local staff being so welcoming and friendly to me throughout the stay (sorry there were so many of them that I couldn't remember the names).
Plus, really appreciate most of the food is sourced locally, so they are fresh and tasty!!
Highly recommend! & Thank you for the great experience again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ting L
Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to the south coast of Fiji and the first time to this resort.
It was really wonderful--a great vibe and perfect location for surf and scuba.
The general manager Rod, his wife Debbie and the staff are super friendly and professional.
The food is terrific, filling and healthy.

The surf guide Tim from New Zealand stoked us out and found the spots and is super enthusiastic, passionate and charges.
Justine had super yoga classes as well as guided meditation.

The scuba provided by Gary and his wife was also super organized and professional

always something to do here!

Trip type: Travelled solo