Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviews shark dive surf guide dive staff great diving diving experience surface interval new managers the reefs open water fish other guests kava night dive shop main building dive days viti levu bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2023

My girlfriend and I had an 8 night stay in mid-december, staying in the panoramic view rooms. While the colour scheme was a a little out of date, the rooms were clean, comfortable and had superb aircon!

The legendary Fijian hospitality did not disappoint, and the staff were extremely accomodating of any of our requests. They even surprised us with a romantic couples dinner poolside!

In terms of surfing, we were a little unlucky with respect to conditions, although this is partly to be expected in the wet season. While we didn’t score the big barreling waves I’d been having dreams/nightmares about, I still enjoyed super fun waves in crystal clear, azure blue, bath warm water and almost no crowd. The only true downside in terms of surfing was that my girlfriend wasn’t able to learn to surf; this is partially because the waves were a little unfriendly for beginners, but also because there were no longboards or foamies for hire at the resort. I would suggest anyone looking to learn to surf at Waidroka bring their own board, and either bring their own coach or come with some prior experience. It is definitely more of an intermediate to advanced surfing destination.

We chose to pay for surf boat trips as we went rather than book a package with one trip daily included. I can highly recommend this approach in the surfing off-season/when travelling with non-surfers, as it took away the pressure to surf everyday.

In terms of other activities at the resort, we had an awesome time snorkelling, and enjoyed the daily yoga classes. There are also several external tours that the resort can book for you, from which we enjoyed the Navua river tubing! If I visited again I would have liked to kayak to one of the white sandy beaches just down the coast from the resort.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Waidroka and appreciated the personalised service and the beautiful nature!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2023

What a wonderful resort and location! We enjoyed a weeklong stay and surfed every day. The food was excellent and the staff were very warm and welcoming. We spent every day with Tim (surf guide) and Justine (yoga instructor). Not only were they excellent at their jobs, but they spent time with us outside our activities and were our companions throughout our stay. Tim's local knowledge of the surf breaks and swell was key to making the most of our surf sessions. Justine's calm and relaxing demeanor was essential in helping us relax post-surf and recover with her yoga sessions. They make a great team and are a wonderful asset to the resort. Compliments to the whole Waidroka team for a fantastic stay!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2023

I had a great time staying at Waidroka for a week. Wish I could stay longer! Huge appreciation for the team's hospitality and friendliness.
I did a total of 13 dives including the shark dives, which was the most amazing diving experience for me. Thank you Gary as the guide out in the ocean and Ciara helping to arrange the dives every day! I actually learned a lot more about the ocean surrounding the resort.
Also, shout out to the yoga instructor Justine for guiding the practice of restorative yoga. Really helped me to relax all the tension after diving. Managers Debby and Rod are so nice to chat with and helpful with my reservation before arrival. Thanks Tim, the surfing guide for being so nice and accompanying me with the others during mealtime (I was the only guest for 2 days due to the planned renovation closure of the resort prior to my arrival, but didn't affect the whole experience at all). And, the lovely local staff being so welcoming and friendly to me throughout the stay (sorry there were so many of them that I couldn't remember the names).
Plus, really appreciate most of the food is sourced locally, so they are fresh and tasty!!
Highly recommend! & Thank you for the great experience again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ting L
Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to the south coast of Fiji and the first time to this resort.
It was really wonderful--a great vibe and perfect location for surf and scuba.
The general manager Rod, his wife Debbie and the staff are super friendly and professional.
The food is terrific, filling and healthy.

The surf guide Tim from New Zealand stoked us out and found the spots and is super enthusiastic, passionate and charges.
Justine had super yoga classes as well as guided meditation.

The scuba provided by Gary and his wife was also super organized and professional

always something to do here!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kcov
Reviewed 13 December 2023

What a place. Really enjoyed the surf trips and yoga sessions. Tim was the best surf guide and got many into plenty of awesome waves. Very knowledgeable re what break will be working and when (and is also great fun on the beers!). And Justine's Yoga after surfing kept my body ready for the next day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family