Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviews shark dive surf guide dive staff great diving diving experience surface interval new managers the reefs open water fish other guests kava night dive shop main building dive days viti levu bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2023

What a wonderful resort and location! We enjoyed a weeklong stay and surfed every day. The food was excellent and the staff were very warm and welcoming. We spent every day with Tim (surf guide) and Justine (yoga instructor). Not only were they excellent at their jobs, but they spent time with us outside our activities and were our companions throughout our stay. Tim's local knowledge of the surf breaks and swell was key to making the most of our surf sessions. Justine's calm and relaxing demeanor was essential in helping us relax post-surf and recover with her yoga sessions. They make a great team and are a wonderful asset to the resort. Compliments to the whole Waidroka team for a fantastic stay!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2023

I had a great time staying at Waidroka for a week. Wish I could stay longer! Huge appreciation for the team's hospitality and friendliness.
I did a total of 13 dives including the shark dives, which was the most amazing diving experience for me. Thank you Gary as the guide out in the ocean and Ciara helping to arrange the dives every day! I actually learned a lot more about the ocean surrounding the resort.
Also, shout out to the yoga instructor Justine for guiding the practice of restorative yoga. Really helped me to relax all the tension after diving. Managers Debby and Rod are so nice to chat with and helpful with my reservation before arrival. Thanks Tim, the surfing guide for being so nice and accompanying me with the others during mealtime (I was the only guest for 2 days due to the planned renovation closure of the resort prior to my arrival, but didn't affect the whole experience at all). And, the lovely local staff being so welcoming and friendly to me throughout the stay (sorry there were so many of them that I couldn't remember the names).
Plus, really appreciate most of the food is sourced locally, so they are fresh and tasty!!
Highly recommend! & Thank you for the great experience again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ting L
Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to the south coast of Fiji and the first time to this resort.
It was really wonderful--a great vibe and perfect location for surf and scuba.
The general manager Rod, his wife Debbie and the staff are super friendly and professional.
The food is terrific, filling and healthy.

The surf guide Tim from New Zealand stoked us out and found the spots and is super enthusiastic, passionate and charges.
Justine had super yoga classes as well as guided meditation.

The scuba provided by Gary and his wife was also super organized and professional

always something to do here!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kcov
Reviewed 13 December 2023

What a place. Really enjoyed the surf trips and yoga sessions. Tim was the best surf guide and got many into plenty of awesome waves. Very knowledgeable re what break will be working and when (and is also great fun on the beers!). And Justine's Yoga after surfing kept my body ready for the next day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2023

We chose Waidroka because we knew the two dive center managers, Gary and Ciara, from an earlier occasion and we wanted to dive with them again. Getting there from the airport is quite a ride, however, we enjoyed our time at the resort a lot. Everybody was so friendly and kind and it almost felt like a little family that you become part of during your stay. Participating in the weekly Kava ceremony was an experience we won't forget. We met a lot of lovely other guests there and it felt very relaxing to be so far away from everything.
Our bure was close to the ocean and was very spacious and comfortable. We had everything we needed.
The team including the resort managers, Debbie and Rod, was very engaged when somebody needed anything and tried everything to find solutions and give support where needed.
The diving was exceptional and well organized with great service. Both Ciara and Gary proved their excellence and professionalism on several occasions. Of course the shark dive is another extraordinary experience. Very well worth it! We loved staying with the Waidroka team. Bula!

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 276karini