Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
Ting L

Lovely team and amazing diving experience!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Dec 2023
I had a great time staying at Waidroka for a week. Wish I could stay longer! Huge appreciation for the team's hospitality and friendliness.
I did a total of 13 dives including the shark dives, which was the most amazing diving experience for me. Thank you Gary as the guide out in the ocean and Ciara helping to arrange the dives every day! I actually learned a lot more about the ocean surrounding the resort.
Also, shout out to the yoga instructor Justine for guiding the practice of restorative yoga. Really helped me to relax all the tension after diving. Managers Debby and Rod are so nice to chat with and helpful with my reservation before arrival. Thanks Tim, the surfing guide for being so nice and accompanying me with the others during mealtime (I was the only guest for 2 days due to the planned renovation closure of the resort prior to my arrival, but didn't affect the whole experience at all). And, the lovely local staff being so welcoming and friendly to me throughout the stay (sorry there were so many of them that I couldn't remember the names).
Plus, really appreciate most of the food is sourced locally, so they are fresh and tasty!!
Highly recommend! & Thank you for the great experience again!
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $76
    $78
27.4 km from Waidroka Bay Resort
View more hotels in Korovisilou
All reviews shark dive surf guide dive staff great diving diving experience surface interval new managers the reefs open water fish other guests kava night dive shop main building dive days viti levu bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to the south coast of Fiji and the first time to this resort.
It was really wonderful--a great vibe and perfect location for surf and scuba.
The general manager Rod, his wife Debbie and the staff are super friendly and professional.
The food is terrific, filling and healthy.

The surf guide Tim from New Zealand stoked us out and found the spots and is super enthusiastic, passionate and charges.
Justine had super yoga classes as well as guided meditation.

The scuba provided by Gary and his wife was also super organized and professional

always something to do here!

1  Thank kcov
Reviewed 13 December 2023

What a place. Really enjoyed the surf trips and yoga sessions. Tim was the best surf guide and got many into plenty of awesome waves. Very knowledgeable re what break will be working and when (and is also great fun on the beers!). And Justine's Yoga after surfing kept my body ready for the next day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2023

We chose Waidroka because we knew the two dive center managers, Gary and Ciara, from an earlier occasion and we wanted to dive with them again. Getting there from the airport is quite a ride, however, we enjoyed our time at the resort a lot. Everybody was so friendly and kind and it almost felt like a little family that you become part of during your stay. Participating in the weekly Kava ceremony was an experience we won't forget. We met a lot of lovely other guests there and it felt very relaxing to be so far away from everything.
Our bure was close to the ocean and was very spacious and comfortable. We had everything we needed.
The team including the resort managers, Debbie and Rod, was very engaged when somebody needed anything and tried everything to find solutions and give support where needed.
The diving was exceptional and well organized with great service. Both Ciara and Gary proved their excellence and professionalism on several occasions. Of course the shark dive is another extraordinary experience. Very well worth it! We loved staying with the Waidroka team. Bula!

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 276karini
Reviewed 22 November 2023

I chose Waidroka because I was traveling with my two sons and they wanted to surf and fish as well as dive. Well, on arrival we were notified that the swell was huge and surfing was not an option( Tim, the surf guide was very honest and nice about it and by the amount of surfers there I doubt he wanted to mess around with two teenagers)
My son kept asking about fishing, or just to get a fishing pole for something to do. The manager blew him off completely.
We did go diving one day, and we ended up Diving the same site twice? Weird. Kinda sucked that they made no attempt to TRY and find maybe a smaller break, or a fishing rod, or anything?
The room was what you would expect from a surf/dive resort. Basic, sheets stained with sunscreen, none of the doors would close because they were so swollen. They did have a working A/C!
Be aware there is no beach, not even close by. At low tide you can walk out to the mangroves and find mudskippers that are pretty cute. Give your kids something to do!
The yoga room is lovely, great option for an activity.
They must have recently changed chefs, because the food was barely tolerable. Maybe they were having a few bad days? I feel terrible saying that because the staff (other than the manager) was lovely. The locals made the smallest glimmer of hope for this poorly managed resort.
I didn’t write this review to slam anyone, just to forewarn other perspective guests. There are other resorts that have a better location, that are cheaper, and follow through with the activities they advertise. I would be fine if it was like $50 a night but for the price, it is sorely lacking. I spent months planning this trip and if I would have read this review, I would have booked somewhere else.
We left early because there was nothing to do but hang out at the pool on our phones( there is SUP and kayaks but the dive instructor advised us not to go out, the tide was too strong) Obviously not their fault.
Would have been nice to be reimbursed. Or an apology.
Manager was like “Don’t hit your ass on your way out!”

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sns646
Management response:Responded 11 December 2023

Thank you for your feedback and review - we appreciate it.

We appreciate your nice comments about our local staff, the Yoga Room and some of the activities we could still arrange for you - even though we where effected by a major cyclone at the time.

Unfortunatley during the time of your stay we have had challenging weather and definitley unsafe sea-conditions, due to a cyclone which had just passed. As such all of our water based actitivies where limited, which we briefed you about right upon arrival. As both your sons where highlighted to us as beginner surfers we did not think it would be safe for them to surf with such a large swell and unsafe conditions. If any other resort would have taken you out during these wind weather and sea conditions it would have been irresponsible and unsafe, which standards we hold high.

On your dive day you where taken to the only local mooring which was safe in terms of sea conditions at the time and although you did not go to a different mooring on your seond dive - you definitley did not dive the same site, as we have 3 different dive sites of this mooring of which you dived 2 different ones.

We apologize that you did not find Waidroka to be your kind of resort and even though it is outside of our control feel bad about your weather experience. We unfortunatley do not reimburse due to weather and still tried our hardest to make the best out of the conditions for you.

We look forward to having you back and if you ever decide to return shall definitley try to make it up to you both in price and of course your stay. We are very sorry for your experience at Waidroka.

The Waidroka Team

Reviewed 9 October 2023 via mobile

Very friendly staff and other guests remote location but lots of activities, including diving and surfing and snorkeling. Food from the resort is pricy so recommend buying some snacks to skip some meals if on a budget. Room I stayed was basic but had everything I needed and was spacious there was a mini fridge in room to keep my snacks. Pool is good, though I didn’t go he diving sounded great and has been highly recommended.

Room tip: Very remote location taxi or booking ride with resort is best
Date of stay: October 2023