“Worth the trip”

Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Dominical
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are several ways to get to the waterfalls. Four members (3 generations) of our group did the hike, while 2 members rode in the pickup to the top. It was great to have options, as the hike is a workout. Luckily there is a restaurant where one can fill up with water half-way up the hike. The pool was cool but not as cold as I had expected. The rocks were slippery as covered with algae so wearing swim shoes would be best (which none of us did). We visited at the end of April so it was not crowded. There is a washroom at the bottom and at the top, and change rooms. We all enjoyed our time there.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"bring water"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful 2 tiered waterfalls. I went the end of April and you had to walk a 12 km. up and down hike round trip. They let you dirve 1 km to a parking lot but do NOT do it unless you have a 4WD vehicle. do NOT take young children!! Take lots of water and a flotation devise as the rocks are covered with moss and very very slippery - even with water shoes I could not take any steps without holding onto other dry rocks. Wished I had a small blow up to get over the slimy rock to the swimming hole. Some areas of the paths were very steep and wet- sliding in mud and only April ;) Be careful and have fun

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Gorgeous Waterfall. Tough hike. We thought $28 was A lot per person for the truck ride. Great rest stop in the middle with bathroom and drinks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing guides, fun horses, delicious traditional food, and breathtaking and refreshing waterfalls for viewing, swimming and cliff jumping. A must do!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a fantastic adventure! HOWEVER- I selectively read reviews on the hike and decided we could do it, with no worries. I have terrible back problems, have recently had a few spine surgeries and have become a wimp. The company offers a truck ride or horseback rides down to the falls, but we opted for the cheap route and decided to walk the whole thing. Rookie mistake. It took us twice as long as most. It was hot, and the sun beat down on us for the whole hike. (We should have gone out earlier in morning) Thankfully we were rewarded with the beautiful falls at the end of the hike and enjoyed floating about in the cold water.
After changing out of our wet swim clothes, my husband was concerned that my back would not allow me to make the hike back. He hurried ahead of me, to ask the guide at the truck-pick-up stop if he could pay for us to get a ride out. Ha. The last truck had gone for the day. Too bad. Thankfully there is a little restaurant/stop midway where we bought a drink and slowly wound our way back up. We had a wonderful time and wonderful adventure.
And we will definitely prepare better next time!

1  Thank TexasToot