“Take out delite”

Johnny's Burgers and Dogs
Ranked #279 of 814 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had their hamburgers for lunch and they were excellent. We shared an order of fries and they were also good. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This place is close to our house, so we tried it. Fast service for a Friday night. The fixins for the burgers were good and fresh. The burger was way overcooked to the point that it was dry and the edges were very crispy. They really smash the meat on a grill hard. I feel that a little smash to make the meat ball that is the starting structure to a patty could is ok, but not with the force that was used. It was pressed too flat.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I was looking for something nearby on the SatNav as I drove towards Baseline Road and chose Johnny’s because it was different. It was a good call and we were served great burgers. The meat, the bun, the garnish, all fresh and well presented. Thank you. I’ll be visiting again.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

My family and I love the burgers and dogs from this place, for the soft yummy buns and choices of toppings, something for every taste. The fry orders are HUGE, perfect accompaniment. I'm just not a fan of the Italian beef sandwich with au jus. The meat was cut very thin but was still very gristly, and the caramelized onions and peppers I requested as toppings (for extra cost) were cut in such large pieces that I had a really hard time eating it. I finally gave up trying to eat it like a dipping sandwich and resorted to knife and fork, which wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it should have been. I'll stick with the burgers and dogs next time, they're worth coming back for. Interestingly, the restaurant was completely empty of diners when we came by, but thanks to the delivery business, the kitchen was still hopping with orders, so good for them!!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

My son and I were craving burgers and Johnny's did not disappoint! Juicy and flavorful. The pickles are insane! Make sure you get fry sauce to go with your fries!