“Continues to b a place to patronize.”

Irish Wolfhound Pub
Ranked #7 of 213 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Even when it is not St. Patrick's Day, the Irish Wolfhound Pub is a good place to go. They have taken their all you can eat fish fry off the lunch menu but do have it later in the day. The Shepard's Pie still will completely fill you up and is really good. I particularly enjoy the fish chowder which now seems to be consistently thick every time I come in. If you sit at the bar you may be fortunate enough to have Tyler serve you. He is not your flamboyant type but instead just a genuine nice guy that gives everyone excellent service. .

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the front door and were hesitant to go in. The entrance is dark with white notices scattered around on the walls and front. Rather then looking welcoming the entrance almost turned us away. But we went in and found a delightful place. It's bright and clean and our server, Jerylin, was delightful.

I ordered my go to test sandwich, a Reuben, and it was excellent! My side was a fish soup and it too was delicious. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich and she enjoyed it. The other key test Jerylin passes with flying colors was to bring drink refills even before being asked.

We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 2nd time dining at the Irish Wolfhound and my experience was just as good. We had a bigger group this time, and we had a great table near the bar. Our waitress was very personable and attentive. My teens enjoyed some pool and darts while we waited for the food, but the wait was no problem. We started, as before, with the pretzel with multiple dipping sauces and the buffalo wings - nice and crispy, which I love! I had the Rueben and could only eat half but really enjoyed it! I chose the potato leek soup as my side. Others in my party had the slider trio, fish and chips, bangers and mash, Shepard’s pie, and buffalo chicken salad - all delish!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner of fish n chips but the Coleslaw sure could use some help. Great service and support staff made sure we had everything we needed. I’d still suggest some quick work on the coleslaw

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Came recommended by my daughter who lives in the area. Spacious and want real busy when we went, about noon. Good attentive waitress. Good selection of food. Fish and chips are really good and large portions. Just a shame about having coleslaw instead of mushy peas. We didn't have room for a dessert but they looked large and tasty. Recommended if you are in the area.