“An Odd Sports Bar”

Ranked #103 of 209 Restaurants in Surprise
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The facility has enormous space, with a third of it devoted to pool tables and a third of a large square bar. The seats at the bar were under an overhead area holding a large number of TVs showing both outside and inside. Thus, a person sitting at the bar can looks at sports events by looking over the center where the bartender works and up to the TVs on the opposite side of the bar. People away from the bar could look at the outside TVs over the heads of the bar patrons. The remaining third of the facility had lots of open space plus perhaps eight or ten tables for diners. Service was very poor, probably due to only one visible waitress even though there were few tables in use. Arrival of orders on drinks was very slow, about fifteen minutes for service, and even slower for delivery of foods. The saving grace was that the food was pretty good. I particularly liked the Jalapeno Jack Burger. A ring of fried onions was also very good. The number of available beers was lighter than expected at a sports bar, but those on draft were decent. My wife and my brother-in-law both thought the food was very good as well. Overall, it will be some time before I return again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We are new to this area of AZ and lately tried "The Brookside II Sports Bar & Grill ". We were really excited to find someplace that we felt so "at home" in. It reminded us of a place in Colorado that we loved. The food was excellent and very reasonable. We have been there recently twice and will now be a favorite for us. Also the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We went there around 7:30, there were only 7 tables ordering food
From the time we ordered, it was 33 minutes until we got our food
The waitress never checked back with us until I flagged her down, she explained the cook got slammed with orders. I'm presuming that meant they only had one cook

The food was good, but one plate was not warm at all, and subsequently, the Parmesan garlic fries (which were good) were greasy. The appetizer came with the dinner.

Food selection was good and fairly priced.
Maybe the service is better during a better time of day.

1  Thank Terri0826
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Do NOT go here. After an initial good experience to this restaurant in 2016, recommended to a visiting friend we have dinner there expecting the same. It turned out to be a huge disappointment and embarrassment. The service was extremely slow, taking 10 minutes for a server to get to our table. Ordered the pretzel dunkers (which were buttery and delicious on my initial visit) as an appetizer which comes with cheese and honey mustard; chicken Caesar melt and grilled ham with three cheeses ("healthy portion") Waited over 20 minutes for food to arrive. Pretzels were like a rock, sandwiches were about an inch high, cold and extremely greasy. When I expressed my disappointment to the server, she made no apology. We should have asked for the manager, but you know how it is sometimes...you just want to get out and not spend another minute in the place. Especially embarrassing since it was my recommendation we go there. Going forward my recommendation will be, "DO NOT go to Brookside II" worst food and service anywhere.

1  Thank Jewel H
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Big sports bar with pool tables , darts, and a restaurant. The food was actually pretty good. Service was a bit slow because there was only one waitress but she was really great. The restaurant side is quiet enough to talk to your table partners. Lots of TV's to watch your favorite games.

1  Thank Lynn G