“Consistently excellent with a good variety of dishes and generous portions”
Review of Blitza

Blitza
Reserve a table
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blitza pizza and pasta restaurant serving meditteranean and Italian. We do takeaways and Dine in. Our Gourmet pizzas are our specialty but we serve beautiful top quality steak, Pasta, Seafood and many other meditteranean dishes
Reviewed 30 March 2024

Although we have been well aware of Blitza for many years, it is only recently that it has become our go to local restaurant. Birkenhead is very well served with eating out options but we love Blitza.

There are eateries where you may have a favourite dish and just stick to it, but the choice of dishes, both starters and mains makes choosing a dish on each visit tricky.

However, you are best to go with a very healthy appetite! A shared pizza bread is a great favourite, but the scallops entree just fantastic. A very generous portion in a delicious creamy sauce, with rice and well dressed side salad entree size, would be a main for those with a smaller appetite!

When it comes to the mains, all the pasta dishes are a very generous portion and unlike some places, plenty of sauce. I haven't yet tried a steak but the chicken galliano is a favourite with both myself and my wife. It comes with beautifully cooked vegetables and roast potatoes with a creamy sauce - and plenty of it.

But my new favourite is Saganaki. Seafood in a rich creamy sauce on a bed of rice. I'm not keen on mussels, so I have it without, but several scallops, several prawns and a generous amount of snapper is a delight. Not cheap, but well worth it.

The staff are always friendly and efficient. Our gluten free friend also enjoys the options.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank socram13

Reviewed 29 March 2024

My rib eye steak was one of the best I have had. Tender and done to perfection. Was a bit surprised at the creamy mushroom sauce not cooked like it normally is. They are a bit quirky in that way - throw in things that aren't usual. My sister's ham and pineapple pizza was delicious too. Staff are friendly and service is great.

Reviewed 28 March 2024

We have been bringing our family here for over 20 years and the food and service have been consistently so good the whole time. it's great to have a local go-to restaurant where you always know what you're going to get, plus a friendly welcome

Reviewed 16 March 2024

With a menu that has something for everyone and my absolute favourite pizzas, this is an easy choice for a family dinner or special night out. Excellent service, with friendly staff.

1  Thank Jono72NZ
Reviewed 4 March 2024

Hubby and I absolutely LOVE Blitza! We are locals and have been coming for years. And over those years the food has consistently been outstanding along with the service! They make the best martinis! Better than any bar in Auckland! I highly recommend the steak as well as the snapper. My husband loved the Blitza Special pizza (I do too!) and the garlic cheesy bread is the best anywhere hands down! Lee and his team are friendly with that great mixture of fun and professional. If you find yourself in Highbury/Birkenhead don't miss out on Blitza! Just don't take my favourite table. ha!

2  Thank Miah_11