“We Stopped Here On A Pretext And Then .........”

Springerville Heritage Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Four Museums: Casa Malpais Archeological, Rene Cushman - European antiques including a Rembrandt, White Mountain Historical Society, founding family, art gallery, theatre with locally produced videos of the region, rare butterfly collection, chamber of commerce, visitors center, and gift shops.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were driving through Springerville and were really looking for a bathroom (I HATE the ones at service stations). SO, we thought we'll make a quick visit to this museum, surely they will have bathrooms. Well, they did, but we started looking around and discovered an extremely interesting and well planned museum. It is in an old school house and each room has a different focus. One in on the Casa Malpais and others are devoted to local history. The docents are very well informed and are able to answer questions. In the hall there is an extensive display of local artists' creations most of which are for sale. We spent quite some time there and I would recommend a stop even is you don't want a bathroom.

1  Thank gmac66
"museum"
in 4 reviews
"site"

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I found a lot of informative information in this center. It was my first visit to Springerville in upstate Arizona and I fell in love with not only Springerville but the surrounding countryside. Beautiful scenery and beautiful people.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed learning some interesting info about this small town's history. A lot of local pride and participation shows in this museum.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My wife and I have visited several small town museums and this one in Springerville rates as one of the best. There is a small section dedicated to the Casa Malpais site but a majority of the rooms depict the history of the area and it's people. As you can imagine, the west was settled by some interesting characters and this town certainly had its share. Definitely worth a day trip if you are in the area and enjoy history.