Review Highlights
Superb little museum

Be ready for a big surprise...this old restored schoolhouse is chock full of local history... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2018
TrudiC44
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
via mobile
A gem in this tiny town

This is a wonderful, not-to-be-missed museum. For such a small town, this museum is amazing! The... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Mary C
Springerville, Arizona

All reviews old school an art gallery small town big surprise local history my wife and i sign display schoolhouse gem rooms malpais casa artifacts area site
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I found a lot of informative information in this center. It was my first visit to Springerville in upstate Arizona and I fell in love with not only Springerville but the surrounding countryside. Beautiful scenery and beautiful people.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed learning some interesting info about this small town's history. A lot of local pride and participation shows in this museum.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My wife and I have visited several small town museums and this one in Springerville rates as one of the best. There is a small section dedicated to the Casa Malpais site but a majority of the rooms depict the history of the area and it's people. As you can imagine, the west was settled by some interesting characters and this town certainly had its share. Definitely worth a day trip if you are in the area and enjoy history.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The gentleman that was there was great about telling us things about the art displayed in hallways and the rooms of historic items. Was a nice thing to do close to hotel.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 6 January 2017

While traveling a "back road" highway from Albuquerque to Phoenix, my wife and I mad a necessary stop in Springerville, AZ up in the White Mountains. Been to the area before but never to Springerville. To our surprise we encountered one of the most interesting and expansive museums you will find in any small town. The Heritage Center has something for everyone in the family.. It has expanded recently and is an also an excellent place to learn more about all the many other places to visit in the area.

Date of experience: December 2016