“JAVElujah !!!”

Ranked #38 of 206 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Sedona's #1 Bartender can be found at Javelina Cantina and his name is JC.
Master Blender, Names remembered, Fluid in Movement, Electric Smile. Add to this " Top " Guac ", Best No Az. " Salsa "/ Fresh tasty hot Tortilla chips and one may have to send up an S>O>S> just to get out of there. Their food is Special Mex--Fiery chile Rellenos smothered in flavorful sauce , steamy red Spanish Rice, and shredded cabbage with pico/tomatoes. I ate right at the bar/ Complimentary chips and salsa always plus TV screens surround, great for multiple playoff games. Dining there for 2 decades nearly and always among my favorites. Request seating outdoors by the cascading Waterfalls if you miss the ocean or water of any kind.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My husband and I stopped in for a late light lunch this past Saturday. I am not a fan of Mexican food in general, but I was wowed by Javelina Cantina. We had a nice seat on the patio with great views. Just had the guacamole, the street corn and a chicken quesadilla. Everything was SO good and fresh. Their chips are probably the best I've ever had in my life. And the salsa... wow! Service was good also.

1  Thank MerrimackMrs
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Our server, Daniel, actually made our evening so enjoyable. Great sense of humor, very attentive. He's a keeper. Margaritas for us both. My husband's blood orange was the winner. Copious amounts of chips and salsa. Husband ordered chile rellano platter at Daniel's recommendation. He said it was excellent. I ordered a combo platter of chicken enchilada and taco. Paid $2 extra to sub a flauta which was a waste. Wasn't even good although enchilada was excellent. Found it odd that when I called for reservations, they couldn't do 5:30 but could do 5 pm. Restaurant not even close to full. In retrospect, glad for the 5 pm resv due to lack of parking spaces. That's why only 4 stars. Would definitely go again if we lived here.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a lunch after our jeep tour of the beautiful red rock country. Everyone was very friendly and our waiter was fantastic. The food was great. Service outstanding and prices reasonable for large portions. I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends and I will return to try more menu options. Thank you

Sheena C, General Manager at Javelina Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

So happy you enjoyed everything :)

Wish I knew who the server was so I could share this great review with them.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Great service! Chips and salsa were great! They put a lime slice in our Diet Coke, which was fantastic! My boyfriend and I got the chicken fajitas, but he got his extra spicy. We both loved our meals, and he was satisfied for the spicy level! I believe the tortillas are homemade as well, or at least they tasted like it! Huge portions! We will be returning!

Been to Javelina Cantina? Share your experiences!