All reviewsindoor poolchoice hotelsold town scottsdalefront deskbreakfast roomsf giants spring trainingsitting areaqueen suiteroom safethe ac unityogurthard boiled eggsstay there againguest laundrywaffle makersmall refrigeratorstayed two nights
Reviewed 5 June 2018

What a great hotel in a great location. This was our first stay at this hotel and what an excellent experience. Excellent staff, great service, clean and spacious rooms, very comfortable beds, quiet room. We stayed 4 nights at this hotel while visiting family in Scottsdale.
We now plan to stay here every time when we visit our family in Scottsdale. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you so much for the 5 out of 5 review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay gere with us and your time in Old Town! We sure hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We had a 2 queen suite which was spacious enough. Good lighting. Very clean but housekeeping could do a better job (corners in bathroom for example). Good beds. Crisp and clean linens and sheets. Cannot comment on breakfast because we had breakfast at a restaurant.
I did not like the $ 4.00 fee for room safe on a bill for a two nights stay. I asked about that, as we did not use the safe, and honestly, I have never had to pay for an in-room safe, and I travel a lot.
I was told: the safe fee is on the check-in form. Interesting: why wasn't that pointed out to me upon check in? Obviously I'm not the only guest that is suprised with that practice. Front desk clerks were friendly and very helpful. I would consider staying again, as the rate was OK and the hotel is quietly located.
Airport transport (did explicitely not like to book with Uber) $25.00 was a good price and worked perfectly.
Please read the small print upon check-in.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank cibiem
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed review of your stay here with us at Comfort Suites Old Town. I have looked into your account about the safe fee and, unfortunately, could not refund it as you paid cash at checkout. We do have a sign at the front door as well as a space on your registration that explains there is a daily fee of 2.00 for the in room safe at this property.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights due to convenience for an event I was attending. Rooms are large, spacious and clean. Plenty of outlets. Free breakfast was ample. It’s quite a walk (in the heat) to the downtown area, 15-20 min., but there are restaurants nearby if you want to get a meal without going in town. Uber to/from the airport just under $15. Automatic surcharge for the safe is a bit annoying but if you read the fine print it says you can tell them you won’t be using it and they will remove it (I didn’t bother to ask for it to be removed as it was already on the bill detail I received the morning I was going to check out - it was already charged to my credit card)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay, we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great facility with very friendly & helpful staff. It is an ideal location very near Old Town & all of its charm. The front desk folks (especially Kai McCormick) were extremely helpful & went out of their way to assist us. The facility was clean & quiet. The only negative was too soft of a bed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Awe, thank you so much for taking the time to do a Tripadvisor review! We loved having you and we do hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to old town when it cools off!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I have never had this horrible of a hotel experience in my life. One of the employees went through my things and took some of my belongings! Terrible hotel and company - I called the Choice Hotels reservation phone number, asked to be booked at a certain hotel near a conference I was attending, and they booked me at the wrong hotel - so when I got to the hotel I needed to stay at and thought my reservation was at 8:30 pm, they told me I had no room. Luckily, they had an available room - I was then told to call the other hotel and cancel. Called, was transferred and sent to three different departments that would "take care of the problem, and had to explain the issue each time.

Then, after attending the Saturday conference, came back to my room that was open and all of my luggage and belongings were GONE. I called the front desk and she told me she hadn't booked me again for that night because she was confused so she had the housekeeper pack my things FOR ME and bring it downstairs. I went down to the front desk she handed me my suitcase and my toiletries bag, and I was missing items. They either stole them or threw them away - either way, SO WRONG - they went through my personal property and took my items!! They told me they called me but I had no missed calls, voicemails, or emails asking if I needed another night. We asked for the managers phone number and contact information, was told they wouldn't be there until Monday, left a voicemail on their phone, and they still have not returned our call.

TERRIBLE experience, never staying at a Choice hotel again.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here - they steal your things
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our property and with Choice Hotels reservations. We do try to get in touch with guests when they are scheduled for check out but still have property in the rooms, if we are unable to contact the guest we usually extend the reservation if we have the availability. If we do not have the availability we do, unfortunately, have to do our best to respectfully remove belongings from the room. I am so sorry that you felt you were missing items and that you felt your privacy was invaded in this process. I will be calling you and your employer this morning as this is my first day back on property and my first time hearing about your experience. Again, I am so sorry for your experience and I do hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.