Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$140.00
from US$95.00
from US$125.00
More Info
All reviews mountain biking black canyon riding skills resort concierge arizona trail scottsdale area laurel rebel bikes mtb terrain company hike riders knowledge phoenix quarry
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I recently visited Scottsdale for the first time. Not an experienced hiker, I enlisted the help of the Wild Bunch Desert Guides. Laurel was wonderful. She determined the best trail that would be suited for me. Laurel made the hike not only fun, but educational as she pointed out interesting things along the way. Another guide Tommy joined us for the hike and it was so great to have these two experienced guides show me the beauty of the desert. Loved it so much, booked a hike for the next day with another guide Ellen who guided me through Cave Creek. She was excellent! Would highly recommend this service to anyone, no matter what your level of experience is.

Date of experience: March 2017
LaurelSimmons, Owner at Wild Bunch Desert Guides LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for this review. We love taking people out hiking here in our Sonoran Desert. We had a great time with you as well:)

You 2 had to be the some of the best guests we have had yet and hopefully many more will be just as nice and wonderful:)

I really sincerely appreciate the kinds words about Tommy and Ellen!!

Love and hugs!!
Laurel:)

Reviewed 9 March 2017

My wife and I had an awesome time mountain biking with Eric on the South Mountain. Eric was an awesome guide, making sure we were going at a pace we were comfortable with. He was also extremely friendly and fun to talk with. Our experience could not have been better.

Scott Allen

Date of experience: March 2017
LaurelSimmons, Owner at Wild Bunch Desert Guides LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you Scott for sharing your review:) We love Hardwick aka Eric. Funny story, my husband picked him and his Cousin up on the side of the road LITERALLY at Sedona mountain bike fest last year and he has been a part of our "family" and staff ever since. LOL. TRUE STORY:) We love that he is calm, funny and can literally fit in any situation--nothing bothers him and his patience with people is amazing:)

I am so greatful for the kind words and I know he will be stoked for a trip advisor review. We know he loves his beer...so I am sure he and my husband will celebrate this review with a ride and a cold one.

Look us up next time you are here:)

Thanks so much!!
*hugs*

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

My sister and I had the opportunity to hike with Laurel and members of her amazing team. We were first timers to the Scottsdale area and Wild Bunch Desert Guides were recommended to us. We did two wonderful hikes, Gateway Ridge and Spur Cross in Cave Creek. Laurel could not have made this any easier--hotel pick up, narration about the trails, the area, plant life, and she was fully stocked with water and snacks. For me though, what makes WBDG so exceptional is the work on the front end. Laurel was rigorous during booking--what did we want, what was most important, our assessment of our own skill level and then her follow-up questions. Everything was geared to us and for us.
Laurel, Ellen, and Tommy didn't just guide us, they hiked with us and after four hours we felt as if we had made new and wonderful friends.
They were also attentive to others on the trail, checking in with hikers who looked like they might need assistance and offering guidance to a mountain biker who had gone astray.
These hikes were the highlight of our trip and truly I can't say enough about the experience.
Pricing is more than reasonable and frankly the opportunity to spend time with these experienced guides--priceless!

Date of experience: March 2017
LaurelSimmons, Owner at Wild Bunch Desert Guides LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Katherine,
This is one of the BEST reviews we could hope for as a company. Thank you so much for remembering our guides and making them feel just as special as you and your sister felt. We all enjoyed both of you and we are exited you enjoyed your time with us:)

Please let us know in the future if there is anything else we can do:)

Hugs to both of you and sincere thanks,

Reviewed 5 March 2017

My wife and I had an amazing time with Laurel mountain biking at Brown's Ranch. Laurel picked us up at the Phoenician and from the moment we met her, she made us feel comfortable. We had the best time riding with Laurel. She was patient when necessary and was able to quickly adapt to our skill level. I would encourage anyone who wants to ride or hike in Scottsdale to book with Wild Bunch Desert Guides and especially, Laurel. We can't wait to go back! And we are planning on starting to mountain bike back east!

Date of experience: February 2017

AWWW!!! Thank you so much!! I am happy to hear you will start mountain biking when back home!! That makes my heart smile:) I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our company. This will help us and our guides that we put out on the trails:)

I also had a great day on the bike with you 2 and even learned a little myself about Philly Cheese steak sandwhiches:) Take care and we look forwaed to another visit from you :)

Very Sincerely with hugs,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We had an amazing time with Laurel on our hike up Camelback Mountain! At the beginning of the hike I told her I was 16 weeks pregnant and my husband had some knee issues so she made sure to find the best routes for us and to make sure we were going at a safe pace. I am so glad we hired a guide to tackle this hike and would highly recommend anyone else to do so also!! It doesn't hurt that Laurel was super fun to be around too...especially when the hike got a tad bit tough!!

Date of experience: February 2017
LaurelSimmons, Owner at Wild Bunch Desert Guides LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you so much for the review. You were a rockstar hiking up that mountain 16 weeks pregnant. We can accomodate pregnant women as long as we are safe and they are good with heart rate monitoring. Your husband was a beast with that knee. We had a great day on the old camel.
Thank you for having an adventure with Wild Bunch. Hope all goes well for you and your new addition to your family soon:)

Remember to take he/her hiking up Camelback someday:)

Very Sincerely with 3 hugs!!