“Top 5 restaurants I have been to in the world ”
Review of Cafe Monarch

Cafe Monarch
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Monarch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$75 - US$140
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Café Monarch, in Old Town Scottsdale, is a family-owned and operated restaurant offering an ultra-romantic setting for your birthday, anniversary, special occasion, or extravagant night out. The four-course menu is altered weekly and features local, organic, sustainable and premium ingredients. In addition to the consistent quality of food and service, Café Monarch continuously evolves the menu, dining room, and service standards. All with the objective of maintaining a vibrant and beloved guest experience. All servers are trained through the Court of Master Sommeliers program, all having extensive food and wine knowledge.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn’t wait to visit Scottsdale again to return to this restaurant. They expanded and are now across the street. I did miss the quaint little patio area but instead they gave us a private room for our party which was unexpected but amazing! This restaurant provides an experience! From drinks at the bar which are so good and innovative - (Sofia amazing) to the tasting menu this place blows you away with presentation, service, taste, design, flair, and overall amazing experience. Definitely do the tasting menu. It’s expensive (with drinks and the trio 4th course - it was about $200 a person) but worth every penny! Splurge. It’s worth it. I’m
Coming back with my high school group at end of month and can’t wait to return here.
Three of us did the filet, lobster ravioli and sea bass trio - along with tuna crudo(omg crispy rice heaven) beef carpaccio and rellano courses. But we tried everything across our group and everything was a big hit. And when our dinners were delivered I didn’t get my trio I instead got just the filet. I knew my server got it right so within seconds my trio arrived but he left the filet for my friends to try since they didn’t get trio! Now that amazing service! 5 stars all around.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

More than just a meal, I truly appreciate when a restaurant makes it an experience. The service was impeccable--warm, knowledgeable and correct. I unfortunately can't remember our main server's name but he was great going above and beyond expectations. The quality and the detail to the 4 course meal was well appreciated. It was a delight. I wish I had also taken advantage of the wine pairing which is offered as well. My only quibble is that I'd make this a 5-course meal and include a dessert.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perfect in every way. Beautiful ambiance inside and out. On our previous visit we dined in the spectacular dining room and most recently we enjoyed the lovely romantic outdoor area. Our server was professional and knowledgeable and made the evening perfect. All 4 courses of dinner were outstanding.
Although dinner at Cafe Monarch is expensive, it is worth every penny.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Outdoor dining area is gorgeous setting. Service is superb from waiter Scott to Somalia and wine choices. Recommend the montepuciano de abruzzo. Can't go wrong with any main course but recommend going all out with surf and turf trio. Sub scallops for pasta. Definitely a special occasion place unless you have money to burn. Most people there including use were celebrating anniversary.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a beautiful restaurant ! I mean, knock your socks off gorgeous! Sit in the middle inside in the main room for the best views. I disagree with many that dining outside is preferred. It is just not as gorgeous as inside. While the food is excellently prepared and of high quality, the imagination was not on par with this being the number one restaurant in all of Phoenix. The duck was delicious, however, was cut thicker than usual. The Chilean sea bass was absolutely delicious and had some heat.The waiter was charming and wanted to please. Hint: You have to ask for bread.Wine list a bit out of the box but value priced. Free valet parking. A terrific experience! Just go!

1  Thank lfbmonkey