“Awesome In Every Way”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting the area in August 2018. We stayed at the Hassayampa Inn and enjoyed our stay. The high point of our stay was our dinner at the Peacock Dining Room. I had looked at the menu online and it looked very good. But we had no idea how good it was until we dined there. Our server’s name was Kevin and he and his support team were outstanding. Both of our meals were amazing and the price was very reasonable. We decided that when we return to Prescott in January we will dine at the Peacock Dining Room without question. Definitely a five star experience!

Michael K, General Manager at The Peacock Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that Kevin and the staff at the Peacock helped you to enjoy your dinner and that you enjoyed the hotel as well. We look forward to your visiting again soon. Take care,

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I love coming to The Peacock Room , the meal is worth the time and resources here. I loved this vegetarian chili. It really surprised me

Michael K, General Manager at The Peacock Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello Chari,
Thank you for reviewing the Peacock Dining Room. I am pleased that you enjoy your time with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Evan after living in the area for over 3 1/2 years, this is the first time we ate at the Hassayampa Inn. We were three couples and our service was very good, as was the food. We started with the French Onion Soap, which was very good. For the entries, I had the Atlantic Salmon, which was a little over cooked, but the lemon butter sauce made up for it. My wife had the Vegetarian Chili Poblano, which she said was really good with lots of different flavors popping out in her mouth. We all said the food was very good. And for dessert, the Bread Pudding. Outstanding ! After this experience, I would say the Peacock Dinning Room can hold its own against any other restaurant in the area.

Michael K, General Manager at The Peacock Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Rick,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Peacock Dining Room. I am pleased that you came to dinner after living here awhile. I am pleased that you had a wonderful meal and service. We hope you will return to see us more often.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

As Prescott residents, my wife and I have considered the Peacock Dining Room on the short list of "go to" places for special occasions in town. We have celebrated and had delightful experiences at the Hassayampa the past two Christmas Eves and considered the evenings magical.
That said, our latest visit was a disaster. We chose the Peacock Room to entertain our guests from the California Wine Country (friends of almost 60 years) because of the Prime Rib on the menu. We made 6:30 reservations, arrived on time, and when it came time to order, we were informed there was no Prime Rib left. It was barely 7:30. While we very disappointed, we substituted our original preference with steaks, only to be informed there were no baked potatoes left. While I applaud the servers for their very pleasant and delightful demeanor through this debacle I cannot excuse management for their shortcomings. For the restaurant to be out of essential menu items at 7:30 on a Friday night is INEXCUSEABLE.
My wife and I were, to say the least, a little more than embarrassed.
As a former vice-president and owner of a 70 steakhouse restaurant chain, I feel I have an understanding of how and why these issues should not occur.

Michael K, Owner at The Peacock Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Good evening Mike, I do apologize that we did unusually sell out of all the prime rib early in the evening with over fifty percent of guests ordering the prime rib in the early reservations. It was not our intent to affect your evening negatively by not having the specified prime rib and for that I am sorry.
I must say however that you failed to mention in your review that my restaurant team (excessively I might add, based on your concerns) compensated you over $300 in complimentary food and beverage that evening from New York Steaks to drinks and bottle of wine to attempt to make up for the prime rib not being available.
As an industry professional with 70 steakhouses as you stated, I must ask why first, you would give a 2 star rating to an establishment you have enjoyed in the past so you know it was not a malicious attempt or something that happens often and you were compensated several hundreds of dollars yet still give a 2 star rating.
Second, out of professional courtesy from a fellow industry entrepreneur, I would have anticipated you contacting me directly instead of a posting to a social media site. My expectation may be unreasonable though - I wanted to ask why? Regardless once again I am sorry that we were out of prime rib and if you would like to discuss your concerns I would be happy to sit down with you.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

The Peacock dining room has been a mainstay of downtown Prescott fine dining "forever", and is still a fine place. It is small and intimate, has a fine menu, reasonable prices, and very good service. It does take reservations. The decor might be viewed as having character or being old depending on your taste. THE HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT GEM HERE IS THE BAR NEXT DOOR. The bar features the same menu plus a bar sandwich/hors d'oeuvres menu and often has live music. The bar does not accept reservations so get there a bit early. Parking in downtown Prescott can be a bit difficult. The hotel does have a small parking lot on the side street to the east of the hotel that usually has space available.

Hello Richard,
I am pleased that you enjoy the Glass Bar as much as we do! I look forward to your visiting us often. Take care,