“Having been to India...”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #15 of 240 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having been to India, and having experienced so many authentic Indian restaurants in San Francisco, we developed a very high standard for Indian food. And for that reason, I can't give Taj Mahal 5 stars, but it deserves every ounce of 4 stars. Their cook is actually Mexican, but she does an amazing job of creating delicious Indian dishes. We have not been disappointed. We've taken several out of town guests there and they've all been very pleased, too.

1  Thank Gayla G

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I have been going to Prescott, AZ for years. I had no idea the Taj Mahal was there as I rarely go down a side street there. My friend whom has moved back to Prescott took me there.

From the appetizers, to the entrees were outstanding. We have tried almost all of the appetizers now and the Naan is outstanding and it comes with like 4 dipping sauces.

I order the lamb chops every time, they are cooked perfectly. A lot of Vegetarian Items on this menu too. It all tastes like home cooking, made with love.

Try it, you will LOVE it.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely spectacular Indian food presented in a unique atmosphere. Saturday & Sunday's buffet price includes a Mimosa -- or two!

Their garlic naan is out of this world!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Good Indian food right here in the heart of the old west. On our last visit, we had the lunch buffet and it was great!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Thai food requires an absolute knowledge of proper spicing, texture and most of all flavor. But more than that, the restaurant's atmosphere can influence the entire experience. This place has figured out how to deliver a wonderful experience with an atmosphere (complete with a giant Buddha that will (just for a second) lead you to believe you're actually in Thailand. No other place in town comes close.