All reviews peacock room historic hotel peacock restaurant original elevator operated elevator prime rib whiskey row romance package rooms are small downtown prescott modern amenities art deco corner room beautiful lobby town square like stepping back in time king suite
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We were put into the room right next to the walkway and we were worried about noise and foot traffic. I must say, it wasn't that bad. We did hear the outdoor dining but only until the dining closed down and then it was quiet. This room was actually quieter than the one we stayed in last year, overall.

It is a wonderful location, close to Whiskey Row and we enjoy walking all around that part of town.

I really enjoy staying here at the Hassayampa, for the ambiance, the vintage real home-town old hotel, without that 'ancient' feeling. The real kicker is the restaurant and the servers at the restaurant. This place is so good, that we rarely go any place else when we are in Prescott. They really do put together fantastic meals.

We met one of the housekeepers and she was happy with her job and was a very nice lady. Since our room was cleaned beautifully, we had already left her a tip, before we met her and were grateful that the person it was going to was worthy of it!

We will be back next year!

Room tip: Bring earplugs, you might need them (and might not) but it's good to have them.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea S
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Andrea, Thank you for taking the time to review the Historic Hassayampa Inn. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoy downtown as well. We look forward to your return time with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Was a nice stay, staff is excellent and breakfast is very good!!! A beautiful historic hotel, but very pricey for what you get, for instance one set of towels per day per person and no more amenities than the Motel 6. Almost $600.00 for a 2 nite stay, I think most would agree that is a bit much for Prescott, AZ MEL Scottsdale,AZ

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello Mel,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and hotel. However I am sorry you feel that we do not offer more amenities than Motel 6. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you would like to discuss how we can improve. Take care,

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel while visiting Prescott for the first time last spring. Nice central location to the plaza. Excellent staff, and very friendly. Rooms are old fashioned and a little awkward to move around in especially one with two beds. But the hotel is very old so that is expected.

Place is clean, lobby is wonderful, and every night a great happy hour with music in the bar.

Pros: centrally located. great value. nice staff.

Cons: sometimes have to wait for someone to operate the elevator. Parking is across the street.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Downtown hotels do indeed have parking challenges. For us, we are fortunate to have a lot across the street as well as parking along the street on two sides. Again I am grateful to you for sharing your experience with others and hope to see you again.
Take care,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for work in Prescott and was not informed at check in that the 4th floor (actually entire Hotel) is haunted by Faith.
Was given room right next door to where Faith had killed herself and apparently haunts frequently
Was woke several times at night with my feet getting rubbed very hard. Nothing there. It was on the third time I jumped out of bed when Faith sat down on the bed next to me.
THAT WAS IT, IM OUT.

When explaining to the front desk why was checking out at 130 I explained what happened and all I got was .....Oh that's just Faith and handed me a flier about faith and what could happen during your stay
So you couldn't tell me at check in that your hotel is haunted, foor is Haunted, your room might be Haunted, here is a flyer about our hauntings?????
Thanks.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tore K
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We, of course, do not wish anyone to have an unpleasant stay with us at the Hassayampa Inn and what you experienced is not commonplace. We are proud to be a historic hotel with 90 plus years worth of memories and experiences enjoyed over the generations and many folklore to go along with it. I apologize for what you encountered and would be happy to speak with you to arrange reimbursement.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

First off, old time charm from 90 years ago. If the lounge does not blow you away I cannot help you. All the staff are courteous and willing to help you. The rooms are period (as they should be) and the breakfast omelet served in the restaurant is a must. I have been there twice and will stay there again when in the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello James,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were pleased and so thankful for your patronage.
Take care and we'll see you again on your next visit.