“2nd time even better!”
Review of Kai Restaurant

Kai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,268 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-10 and Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Description: Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, Kai, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Thomas Riordan and Chef de Cuisine Ryan Swanson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. James Beard Award-winning Chef Janos Wilder is consulting chef for KAI and is renowned for creating unique and indigenous menu experiences. Open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday, reservations are strongly recommended. Kai maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, T-shirts, and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. Denim is not preferred. As a courtesy to other diners, please refrain from using cell phones or laptops in the dining room.
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I visited Kai in November 2016 when I was on a solo business trip. I knew then that I needed to bring my husband back. Kai did not disappoint. I said it before and I will say it again, this is the best dining experience I have ever had! My husband concurred. The staff is super attentive. Ours was led by Feliciano who was very knowledgeable and kind. I even saw my previous waiter Jeremy and he stopped in several times during the visit to check on us. After having their New York strip, I don't think I will ever be able to eat at Outback again. It will never compare. My husband had the Buffalo which was delicious and of course the soup set everything off. The Great Fruit cocktail was citrusy and delightful. You must also try the lobster dish. Superb!

I will definitely be back on my next trip and bring others to enjoy.

2  Thank Faith P

Reviewed 26 May 2017

This was a wonderful dining experience from the presentation of the menu to the truffles!Our friends kept telling us to try it. The food the service wonderful knowledgeable servers. Extra Kudos to Felciano Vasquez, what a guy. We look forward to return again for a special evening.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Service, food, and overall experience were excellent. I had wanted to try Kai for a few years based on the reviews. My wife and I decided to make reservations for our 27th wedding anniversary. I was a little afraid that I would be disappointed after reading all the great reviews, or that is would be a stuffy atmosphere. What we found was that the entire experience, from the signature cocktails at the bar, through dinner - desert, to the treats left in the car, was impeccable and exceeded our expectations. A unique and classy five star experience, without being pretentious. Yes, this was an expensive meal, but considering what went into the preparation, presentation, and service, I feel like we completely got our moneys worth.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Kai does the dining experience Right. Ambiance, seating, low noise levels, knowledgeable lead server, amazingly unique menu, orchestrated delivery, beautiful presentation... all topped off by wonderful tastes and smells. You deserve to treat yourself to Kai.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We reluctantly tried Kai and we are so happy that we did. This restaurant is an experience from start to finish that servers will walk you through as you indulge in some of the most unique food you will ever have. Alongside the food and drink - you can experience beautiful views of the sunset while being educated on the history of the Pima and Maricopa Native communities. We were in for some surprises throughout dinner as the servers bring out items to clean your palate and soothe your energies that you aren't expecting. It is well worth the money and time. Don't miss out.