“Drinks and appetizers ”

District American Kitchen & Wine Bar
Ranked #54 of 3,459 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Van Buren
Description: District American Kitchen and Wine Bar is designed to meld into the fabric of the downtown Phoenix core, embracing its inherent energy with open-air patio seating, live entertainment, local artwork and First Friday presence. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, District supports local food purveyors, offering a wide selection of sophisticated yet accessible regional fare as well as the best of American wines, micro-brew beers and classic cocktails. Patrons can expect new twists on traditional favorites, wine pairings, and small plates all enjoyed in a comfortable yet metropolitan setting.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The dribks are made with fresh hebs grown on the rooftop. The bar is cool and it was so nice to unwind after a long day of business. Let the pics talk for themselves!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and I were guests of my daughter and granddaughter at the Herberger Valley Youth Theatre presentation of the Disney musical "Newsies". We elected to eat at the Phoenix downtown Sheraton's signature restaurant because of location (adjacent to the theatre), and what a great decision that turned out to be.

Food was excellent, service was outstanding, restaurant ambience was nice (all surprises to us for a downtown hotel restaurant!). We informed our waitress of the show's starting time as we were seated and she took care of us wonderfully, having us out at the exact time we requested.

As is our theatre attendance norm, we elected to have only appetizers and desserts (i.e. no entree, as we don't like to sit for 2+ hours on full stomachs). The Maryland crab cake starters (choice of 4 of our party) were top notch and my granddaughter was thrilled with her popcorn shrimp (and served with real popcorn!)

But the highlight was without question the dessert course. Everyone of the 5 different desserts that our party ordered were simply superb. Beautifully presented, delicious tastes and very sensible sizes. I ordered the peaches and cream, two of our party had the pineapple coconut tart, one ordered the chocolate torte, and another enjoyed the crème brulee.

And the free raspberry candy floss at the end of the meal simply made the day for my 10-year old granddaughter.

Definitely will be returning, and for a complete meal next time.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We came for happy hour and was happy......We had Mac and cheese and the tacos. Both were priced well and very good. We had friends meet us at the hotel and they ordered the same and brought it up to the pool and stated they were happy we recommended it. So two plusses on that!

Fast forward to the next morning. We came down somewhat early in the morning to the restaurant as we had an early flight back home and was greeted by Elizabeth. She was warm and welcoming and escorted us to our seats and informed us that she would also be our server.

It was early, she was smiling, I was not sure what I wanted, she was still smiling. Not bothered or frustrated with us at all. She happily answered our questions and put in our order and let us know it would be out soon.

Now when the food arrived I was taken back by the high quality. Everything we ordered was delicious, hot and well seasoned. I had no idea....usually hotel food is terrible and overpriced but this place was amazing and the staff was just was incredible. I can't wait to visit again and stop by for a great meal and Elizabeths warmth and hospitality. It was much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We are typically wary of hotel restaurants but District American is a fine destination on its own. As hotel guests, we sampled the Happy Hour choices (excellent value), lunch and late evening options. Superb service, quality choices.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Second lunch in a row at District American Kitchen & Wine bar. Great service from Debbie and the staff is extremely accommodating. Yesterday, they went above and beyond to ensure my friend did not have issues with her food allergies. Great experience!