“Creative Menu; Awesome Carne Asada”
Review of Chico Malo

Chico Malo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chico Malo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 3,457 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: nspired largely by Mexican street food, Chico Malo’s offerings showcase techniques and tastes from all over South America, giving diners a unique opportunity to opt for something traditional and comfortable or entirely fresh and new. An equally impressive beverage program is designed to raise spirits, and it spotlights signature mixed drinks, many of which feature tequila and mescal, and a broad range of Mexican beers and margaritas. From bold, buzzworthy plates to ice-cold beverage options, Chico Malo has everything you need to sample and sip your way south of the border.
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Modern Mexican style and atmosphere. The menu had many classics but also lots of creative dishes. I had their carne asada. The steak was more like a T-bone instead of skirt steak but was flavorful and tender. It came with some pickled beets, thinly sliced onion and tomato, guacamole, home-made tortillas, and a fantastic chimichurri sauce. The sauce really enhanced the steak and gave it an Argentinian touch. Service was good, prices were reasonable, and I left very content with my meal. If I'm back in the area, I would love to try some other items on their very original menu. Highly recommend Chico Malo.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My boyfriend and I were waiting for our flight and stopped in to grab some drinks. Our bartender (we forgot her name) was amazing! She helped us pick our some great cocktails and was super friendly.

1  Thank eholter
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Are you sick to death of the same, typical, Mexican-American food you can get practically on every corner of any street in Arizona?? Me too.

We were THRILLED to find innovative, exciting and original Mexican food in downtown Phoenix! If you are a foodie, like I am, you will LOVE this spot. I HIGHLY recommend the duck tamale, the dorados de papa, the coconut verde rice and the green salsa. So delicious! I am already planning my next visit! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT.

1  Thank SusiesPicks
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I love Mexican food. I really love authentic Mexican food. The tacos I got were bland and relatively boring. The salsa was ok.

1  Thank Nate E
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Good selection of food choices. Happy hour had $5 margueritas. They were okay. Chimichunga was great. Got your money worrth.