“Best burger I have had in years”

Grand Canyon Caverns Restaurant
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Although we arrived near closing, the staff was welcoming and friendly. The burger was one of the best I've ever eaten, and the pie was fantastic. Take the time to turn down the little road to the restaurant. You won't be disappointed

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We ate dinner after we finished our Cavern Tour. The resturant is located in the building with the gift shop and Cavern Tour. The decore of the building is very nice and is still right out of the Route 66 days. The resturant prices are good especially for the quality of the meals. Everyone in our group tried something different and everyone really liked what they received. The server was fun and did a great job with our group of 10. If nothing esle you need to try a piece of the home made PIE, they were all fantastic, some of the best I have had in all of the Southwest. They have a limited selection of beers and wines but we all found something to suit our taste.
This is a must stop place to get a road rest and some great food. We will be back to try some of the other items on the menu.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My family and I were staying at a hotel about 10 miles down the road, however opted to drive here more than once for our evening meal as the food was so good and the staff were so pleasant. Some of the dinner options are not cheap however fantastic quality and fantastic homemade food. My favourite was the biscuits, warm with honey and butter, absolutely delicious, which I still dream of today! There is plenty of seating and the pies for dessert are also fantastic. My family and I visited from the UK and we really miss our meals here and the friendly staff. My favourite meal by far was the meatloaf, just amazing! You can also help yourself to drinks which I really liked.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

On August 15, 2017, the Grotto, an eating area some 200 feet below ground in the Caverns, opened. It has only four tables built into an alcove. My wife and I made reservations as soon as we heard about the Grotto and were the first customers on the first day. Being the opening day we expected things would not be as smooth as they would be later. We were wrong. Everything was excellent.

There is a salad bar below, but the main dishes are prepared in the restaurant on the surface and “elevatored” down into the cavern, then raised on a hoist to the dining area, and served. The colored backlighting in the caverns create an incredible picturesque “cavescape” which is perfect for a romantic dinner.

One of the many outstanding features, to me, was the quietness. No loud music. No buzz of air conditioning. No noise. The staff and customers even speak with each other in muted tones, adding even more to the delicateness of the location.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This restaurant is the place to eat at once you have gone on your cave tour. Or else you can just take a drive out to Peach Springs for the restaurant if you like. The setting is pretty neat and the food is really really good. They even have veggie burgers for you vegetarians out there. They make all their own deserts which are pretty amazing. We had the coconut cream pie. One piece was enough for three people. The prices are reasonable and if you combine your visit to the restaurant with a tour of the cave, you're be all set for a most enjoyable day.