All reviews breakfast and dinner beach front fish beautiful beach ceiling fan beachfront fale water pressure fia fia night mosquito net sua trench amazing location sashimi cold shower piece of paradise three nights meals were great ocean trench
Reviewed 4 November 2014

We have stayed at Samoa before and love the Island immensely. All places we have stayed bring something different to the experience of Samoa :-) and Litia Sini was perfect for us this time around.
This is the perfect location for those needing to relax and unwind from a busy schedule. Nothing better than the warmth of the sun to ease you into holiday mode and the gentle cool sea breeze to dry you off after a wonderful swim or snorkel in the lovely waters of Lalo Manu.
The Fales are clean with a fan and plenty of windows...linen changed daily..and the staff are helpful and friendly.
The beach is hand-racked each morning by the smiling young Samoan lads who remove any sharp shells and coral so you have a easy step into the water :-). The sunrises and sunsets are wonderful to capture as you sit on the beach with the aromatics of coffee or glass of wine :-).
Shuttles were on time and friendly from the airport and the massages at Litia Sini were soooo appreciated too.
Lydia thank you for your presence and dedication to detail with your staff and our holiday. You run a great resort and it is a credit to you.

Room tip: Everyone said to try for a beachfront fale...we tried both and actually preferred the second row back. The second row back fales a slightly bigger and even though your not right on the beach...it doesn't matter as you spend al day there anyway! Various times quoted for drive from Apia to LaloManu. On the shuttle to and from airport was about an hour. By bus I would think probably 2 hours :-).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise N
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Our family of 11 stayed 2 nights 4 & 5 October in 3 beachfront fale. We hired a 15 seater van and enjoyed sightseeing as we drove through each village taking approx 1 hours easy drive from Apia. Couldn't wait to arrive and it was so worth the trip. The beachfront fale are as lovely as the pictures and the beach and white sand even more beautiful. We were welcomed with fruit platters in each fale and staff carried our luggage to our fale. We made the most of swimming in the warm water. The food exceeded expectation. Sunday's evening meal was amazing, a delicious feast. Lots of variety, succulent pork, fresh fish, salads etc. We had some big eaters in our group and there was always plenty of food. The shared facilities are cleaned regularly and the cold showers weren't an issue for me personally. We had a 3 month baby and and 18 month toddler. I'd recommend taking something to wash little ones in as the cold water shower didn't really work for them. Perfectly fine for the rest of us as you're constantly in an out of the sea. The workers are quiet and unassuming, enjoyed talking with them. They work long hours and do their jobs very well. Always service with a smile. We will definitely stay longer next time. It was great having 3 beachfront fale in a row. However, some of us did not sleep well as the noise of the waves kept us awake. I would consider booking a second row fale next time as they should be quieter. Beachfront fale are so worth the beautiful view and have shade sails right out the front. The service is great. Woke up to see the sand being swept. The landscaped grounds are very pleasant and add to the ambience. I never tired of enjoying the simple but pleasant fale. Lalomanu Beach is definitely everything that people say it is. So glad we stayed! Thank Litia Sini will highly recommend the experience to others.

Room tip: Beachfront if you can but if on a budget no problem to book second row.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2014

This is not the most luxurious place you will ever stay, but it is the most breathtaking, most beautiful, most relaxing place you will ever stay. This is picture-perfect paradise - right on your doorstep.
My sister and I stayed for 3 nights in a beachfront fale. They are simple, I suppose it's essentially fancy/comfortable camping, but they were just beautiful. We were literally steps from the sand and the bluest, clearest, warmest water I've ever swum in. Lovely spacious balcony area where we spent lots of time sitting, reading, whale-watching. Great snorkelling. Fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.
Staff were fantastic, food in the restaurant/bar area was great, shared bathroom facilities were kept very clean.
Words cannot describe how ridiculously gorgeous this place is - just go and see for yourself.
Tip: you wouldn't necessarily need to pay extra for the beachfront fale - the non-beachfront fale are still very 'beachfront' and most still have balconies with ocean views.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank jlb96
Reviewed 20 October 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights last week and we both have nothing but positive words for Litia Sini. We stayed in a beach front fale and it was simply paradise. Picture perfect Lalomanu beach was at our door step. The hardest decision of our days spent there was if it was time for another swim, another cocktail or a drive to explore the island?

Although basic with regards to amenities we did not have any issues with the water pressure or the fact that it was only cold water. You are staying on tropical island where it is above 25 all year round, who needs cold water? Like other reviews you have to realise that it is located in a remote part of Samoa and the cost of providing hot water would be ridiculous. The toilets and showers were impeccably kept clean by the friendly and unobtrusive staff.

Which brings me to the highlight of my stay at Litia Sini. The staff! They were absolutely amazing. They learnt both of our names from day one and we were always greeted with a hello every single time they saw us. They are the perfect combination of friendly and attentiveness without hovering over your shoulder. Suli, the bartender was a highlight for both us. He was cheeky and funny and always made us smile.

The food was nothing short of delicious. Plenty of variety and always fresh. The tuna sashimi was hands down the freshest I have ever had.

I did not want to leave and I know I will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 16 October 2014

The last time I stayed here was before the 2009 Tsunami. The newly rebuilt fales are basic but clean and spacious with a deck looking out to one of the best beaches in Samoa. The shared bathrooms are kept clean. The food is excellent! We had fresh fish each night & yummy salads The buffet breakfast was also very good. Enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: All rooms have a sea view but go for a beachfront one if you can,
Date of stay: September 2014