Hotels.com
StayForLong
eDreams
Travelocity
All reviews beach front pool table family holiday joseph fale
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I landed back in Sept/ Oct 2013. Had plenty of time to reflect on the experience that staying at Lalomanu, @ Litia Sini provided, and re-connected with several friends I had made there in the meantime.
I arrived at midnight after a long drive direct from the airport...it's further away from Apia etc than you think! The next morning I woke up in paradise. Travelling alone was not a problem, I was well cared for, the staff were very attentive and chatted with me daily. Occasionally this was a little invasive while I was brushing my teeth or preparing to shower - but also slightly funny. Be prepared to be asked your age and if you are married, these are very important details it seems, and may not necessarily mean that your being 'hit on'!
If the staff interest in you gets a bit much - there's another ablution block at the Taufua end. Showers are generally tepid to cold - but when it's hot you won't care. You'll get a good butt 'n' thigh workout walking through the sand to the loo, remember you are staying at a beach aye!
Litia Sini has got to be the best beach in all of Upolu - I made the effort to checkout quite a few of the other resorts and retreats in order to make this statement. Yeah the coral is in the process of re-growing here - but further along the coast, around Malaela it is possible to get a boat out to Numua Island where the coral was sheltered from tsunami and storm damage. That said, I still got a ten minute swim with a turtle just out from Fale Lima which was my home for two weeks! The fales are very comfortable, with real beds - it's glam'ping - take a hair dryer if you must - but why would you when all you need are your togs and a lavalava? I packed frugally and still ended up bringing too much.
The food is fine, I had a few favourites and there is a good mix of the stuff westerners are familiar with and local delicacies. Ask Maddy at the bar to make you a banana colada or Lydia special @ about 5pm, it's the perfect way to relax into the evening. If you ask nicely Maddy might even put on a selection of local Samoan music for you- Sara Jane was a favourite.
If you need a more hands-on form of relaxation, request a massage from Joe, I hear from friends he has magic hands!
Lydia and Joseph are only too happy to help you get where you want to go, or arrange to show you around the local area. If you spend your money here you can be assured that your investment in the local economy will actually stay on the Island. Over all my trip was much cheaper than I had thought, and I came home with money for my next trip up there.
Good manners go a long way in any country, and this is true in Samoa as well. I have found that if you are respectful, use a little of the language you have learnt before departure - and most importantly ASK first, you can generally get a long way which will cost you very little.

Room tip: Front fales, mid beach have awesome views. Back fales have limited view, but would suit light sleepers when the tide draws over the reef at night.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jacqui P
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I visited Samoa in July and came to Lalomanu on a tour, it was then i decided that next time I came I had to stay here. Beautiful beach fales, so pretty and peaceful. Staff were so lovely and welcoming. Breakfast and dinner were included in our stay and it was delicious.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank mcscmsdj
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Clean facilities, very friendly staff. Buffet dinner and breaqkfast included! BEach loverly, unfortunately reef still recovering from 2009 tsunami. 15 mins drive to Tu sua Trench. Cheap massages. Great to relax or as a base to explore from.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank snaffy3
Reviewed 26 November 2013

we booked in as day visitors from a cruise ship and discovered one of the best experiences of our cruise. Lydia customized an itinerary for us, we were 17 in total, and she and her family picked us up from the ship without difficulty, drove us to some excellent viewpoints and then to the resort itself. Heaven!

We were greeted with a Samoan welcome ceremony performed by Lydia's family members, it was genuine and special. After that we were invited to swim, snorkel, and relax on the beach until lunch was served. It was a generous lunch with a variety of Samoan dishes, plus fish, vegetables and regular fare - we especially loved the taro which we hadn't had before. There was more time to return to the beach for those who wanted to after lunch.

After a few hours at the resort and its excellent facilities, they drove us back to the ship via the Le to Sua trench - not to be missed. They made sure we started our excursion on time and returned to the ship with time to spare and we would like to thank Lydia and her family for making this experience so special.

If we had the time, we certainly would choose Litia Sini as a destination resort. Balmy breezes, warm water, a long sandy beach and plenty of fish to see while snorkeling. It is a long way from Canada so we don't know if we will be able to go again but will always keep this in our memories!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank hitchhiker
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Litia Sini is beautiful. Wonderful staff welcoming and friendly, great Samoa food, the beach is amazing. It was a very relaxing holiday.
Would recommend staying here if planning on going to Samoa for sure!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple