Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$107
Booking.comUS$109
TravelocityUS$107
CheapTicketsUS$107
eDreamsUS$109
PricelineUS$109
All reviews black pepper living area madeline microwave rental fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2019

This hotel has not been in business for very long, but it is extremely well managed by Madeline Arp, wife of James Arp, who is the director of Samoana (Car) Rental. The hotel is across the road from Apia Park, which is basically a giant sports stadium, and a safe and pleasant place to take a walk (with an umbrella to shield you from the sun. We were in room #9, which is probably one of the two coolest in the hotel, facing south and west, with SIX windows and a balcony furnished with a table and armchairs. It was spacious (8m x 5m, of which 3m x 1.5m is a bathroom with a large shower). The only drawback to the room is that it faces the busy main E-W highway, and light sleepers might be bothered by the ceaseless traffic and occasional klaxon. The two large double beds were comfortably firm; there was a king-size sofa bed; a table almost 1m x 1m; and three chairs. There was no wardrobe, but a large double clothing rack with plenty of hangers was sufficient for us. At the N end of the room, there was a kitchenette with a large sink, microwave, mid-size refrigerator & freezer. Cupboards held plates, cutlery, and kitchen utensils. We ate several meals downstairs, at the Black Pepper Restaurant. You can phone for a taxi, or take a bus downtown for just a few talas. It takes about 10 minutes to get there.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

A little noisy in the very front rooms ( street noise)
Water pressure on top floor only just
Otherwise clean and very good
Swimming pool clean and nice
Hotel management friendly and helpful
Close proximity to town

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brett D
Reviewed 31 July 2019

My family of 6 spent 5 nights here and loved every bit of it. The rooms were always clean and their service made things a lot easier for us because it was our first time travelling together and booking with any hotel as a family. Beds were comfortable and the air conditioning was great. We will definitely book with them again!

From the Meauli family in Room 4 and 5 :)

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank AngeSiuta
Reviewed 26 July 2019

We stayed at a few different hotels & resorts during our holiday in Samoa, including Taumeasina. Samoana was our favourite local stay, by far! The location is wonderful, and right across the road from Apia Park. We booked the 2bdrm family apartment next door to reception, and wow - the apartment is so clean and spacious. The lady who served us at reception was so accommodating and hospitable, and all staff were super friendly and approachable. Comfortable beds, rooms cleaned daily, massive bathroom. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook meals, on nights we didn’t feel like eating out. The swimming pool is wonderful, my kids loved it and swam every day!

We also rented a car through Samoana, and they were awesome! Such a great hotel & car hire team! Samoana Car Hire and Samoana Boutique Hotel will now be our first choice, for all ours future visits to Samoa.

My favourite part of our stay, is that my 6yr old wouldn’t stop practicing her reading with a Book of Mormon that she found in one of the bedside drawers. She begged me to ask, if she could keep it, but I told her to put it back and that I’d find her a copy she could have when we returned home to Australia. I thought she would’ve forgotten by now, but she keeps asking for a copy of the Book of Mormon, so now I need to get one for her!

Overall, our favourite place to stay in Samoa.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

After staying in larger hotels in Samoa, I found this hotel a number of times searching online, I decided to book directly with the property and from the time of booking to check out, I found this hotel to be the best in customer service, clean and comfortable. Minor issues with a faulty light bulb in one of the rooms and bathroom, it was changed quickly, internet isn't great but it's not just here, I found the same at other hotels in the I stayed in and you have to pay for a certain allocation.
Confirmation of the booking was swift and very easy. We booked the 2 bedroom apartment, I was pleasantly surprised at the space and comfort of the room. Aircon was a welcome relief on the very humid days. There is no bar facility at the property the cafe on-site only has cafe food, nothing too fancy, the apartment is self contained with everything you need but there are restaurants very close by as well if you want to try like seafood gourmet I would definitely stay here again, the pool and BBQ area are also great to relax in. For the price and quality I would definitely recommend this hotel

Date of stay: May 2019