Hotels.com
21happy21
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Fantastic Hospitality
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Aug 2018
Travellers Point is a lovely, convenient spot handy to downtown Apia, Palolo Dive and Mt Vaea.
We can not thank Joe, Sarona and their staff for their fantastic service and hospitality.
Lovely pool, garden, air conditioned rooms, restaurant and bar. Perfect spot to relax and enjoy island hospitality. I highly recommend trying the chicken and avacado main, very more-ish. Thank you all once again for making our stay wonderful.
Date of stay: August 2018
Room Tip: Balcony garden rooms lovely and quiet
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
$200
    $200
1.6 km from Travellers Point Hotel
Pool
Sunrise swim to start the day
$173
    $173
  • eDreams
3.1 km from Travellers Point Hotel
Pool
Path way to tennis court/basket ball court
No prepayment needed
      $67
    • eDreams
    2.0 km from Travellers Point Hotel
    View more hotels in Apia
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was very accomodating although I cancelled two other rooms that i prebooked for our group although I was overcharged for printing costs of 2.pages. Room has kettle coffee tea packets, fridge and iron and safe which became handy. Breakfast good for bite and go. Only setback is karaoke night everynight which was too noisy for the guests and not feel safe with party going on during late night.

Date of stay: September 2017
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    2  Thank olitahmt
    Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms are old and dusty, cockroaches and ants in the rooms, the pool area not good for children especially when you have locals (the owners business friends) come in and getting drunk which made it unsafe for my children. Would not recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    5  Thank ann01955
    Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I booked in May 2018 through booking.com - Flight arrived Sunday called the property Thursday before to reconfirm booking and they said all is well and to pay cash on arrival. Arrived to accomodation to be advised that our booking was cancelled due to their peak season/over-bookings - they said there are accommodations up the road go and try them - Stranded in another country I didn’t know what to do, I pleaded with them and advised I don’t know my way around and all they could say was “sorry there is nothing we can do and to contact booking.com” I was so upset I broke down and cried and begged for a room - the reception was getting frustrated with me she started yelling and said theres nothing we can do so we left and after 5hrs we found Tivoli Hotel who were kind enough to accommodate us and could not believe we were treated the way we did. I contacted booking.com and they advised that our booking is still active it was not cancelled. When I posted on Facebook with what I experienced, they messaged me that the room is available and if i can kindly take my post down as we have a lot of mutual friends, they offered us a free lunch to talk over what had happened - I kindly declined and gave them feedback on having more training with their customer service as they could have handled the situation much better. I always book hotels with booking.com have never experienced anything like this before - Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2018
    7  Thank vixbone
    Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

A clean room with aircon! Sadly some rude and non helpful staff! Be sure to take receipt and sign every purchase because other people had put food and drinks on our room tab! The bar and restaurant staff doesn’t care about this so be careful! They had put a total of 130 samoan tala extra on our bill extremely unacceptable and unprofessional. Restaurant constantly slow and often had shortage of ingredients to make a particular dish! Pool was a bit dirty and a lot of noise from guest and the hotel owning family also school nearby which make a lot of noise in morning and thru out the day! Ok but definitely needs improvement!

Date of stay: June 2018
    3  Thank benjamins163
    Reviewed 8 June 2018

Although located on a busy road, the hote is a nice small and quiet place close to the city, taxi stand, shops and also museum of samoa. Hotel is very safe with security on duty at night. Air con in the room was heaven!
    Staff are very friendly and professional. They have made our stay very memorable.(Thank you Mele & Ironi)
    Free breakfast was amazing! Always something different everyday.
    Restaurant food very tasty. Kudos to the chef.
    Very cheap specials at the bar! Great atmosphere to have a few drinks by the pool.
    Thank you very much Joe, Sarona & team !

Date of stay: May 2018