Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2019

Although travelling solo, I was in Apia for an environmental meeting. The room was booked because it was close to the meeting and cheap.

I stayed in the backpacker section out the back of the hotel.

After reading the one-star reviews on here I have to say to the reviewers, it’s all true. I also have to say “get over it”.

Hotel Eliza people were fantastic, willing to assist and amazingly friendly. Sure, the facilities were basic but what do you expect for $AUD25 a night? Close to the town centre - everything.

There’s a bit of cultural imperialism going on in the misery reviews.

I was treated to sharing digs with a fantastic group of local, funny and loud gay men, engaging with animated bar staff over the Australia/Samoa union match and lots more. Who’d have thought I’d end up at the Miss Samoa pageant? That was an eye-opener.

I’ll be staying at Hotel Eliza again, no sweat.

Go with a relaxed attitude, an open mind, a little patience and a healthy sense of humour, you’ll have a great time.

Ps just remember because of the church influence, NOTHING is open on Sundays.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

We loved our stay at Hotel Elisa! This place has tidy rooms with great air con and facilities. The staff are all so friendly and will help with anything you need! Breakfast is basic, but we had dinner one night in the restaurant and the food was great. It's so handy to stay right in town close to everything but still with a view of the water. Next time we're back in Apia this is where we'll stay!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2019

I stayed in room 205 for 4 nights. Check-in with Mandy was a breeze & he and Rina were always cheerful & accommodating. The room itself was clean & included a couple beds & usual amenities like an iron/ironing board, tv, fridge, hair dryer, shower stall, hot/cold water, couch, aircon, lanai, etc.. Breakfast is very basic but tasty although I later opted for breakfast (Big Breaky) @ the Amanaki Hotel next door. My lanai faced the Amanaki & partial view of the ocean but unfortunately didn't have a chair so I could enjoy the ocean breeze and morning sun. The aircon efficiently kept the room cold & not annoyingly loud, just a sleep-inducing hum....I occasionally heard noise but it was expected and didn't bother with my sleep. Location is just on the fringe of Apia township and a short walk to eateries, shops, etc.. there is also a chemist shop next door. There are chairs/tables outside the front of the hotel to enjoy the morning sun, sea breeze, park, and ocean beyond although it's not located on the beach. There's a taxi stand nearby but the staff can hail one without a problem. Although it lacked much ambiance I found it sufficient enough & would stay again if need be.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

I went to the this hotel as it was the only one available during the Pacific games opening. The room was old and bed sheet dirty. I paid extra for 3 hours of internet ( yes there is not internet) but could use only 1 hour. The breakfast is very basic and not good. However, some of the hotel staff are nice and dinner was overpriced but ok. I would have paid extra for another hotel! I forgot the cherry on the cake: it costed me 300 dollars!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Cristina M
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean and located close to the city centre. When we first checked in we didn't have any hot water, but after reporting it they fixed the issue. Staff is kind and approachable. The walls are very thin as we could hear the noise from the corridor and the other rooms. The main disadvantage of the hotel is chargeable internet and a very, very poor connectivity; it's really not worth paying for it.

Date of stay: December 2018