Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ElomasT

False advertisement and not worth a penny.

Review of Hotel Millenia
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Sept 2022
We checked in earlier than our planned stay due to our other accommodation falling through and I am glad we did, so we could see the state of the room and had time to cancel our planned booking which had been booked for 4 nights.
On arrival, the receptionist was busy serving someone so we waited however after dealing with that person she completely ignored us whilst she spoke to another guest who had arrived after we did, their conversation went on for 10 minutes and after they were done she finally acknowledged us. We checked in and went up to our room which was a standard room, I wasn't expecting much considering it was a standard room but what I was met with was so disappointing and below anyones expectation of standard.
The towels looked like they could've been used as rags, the beds were only covered with one sheet and the bathroom only had toilet paper and a used bar of soap.
We were in room 1 which was an attic room with one of the corners of the room completely dark, the room was dimly lit and only 2 of the lights in the entirety of the room worked which added to the creepiness. We asked the porter if there was a possibility of us changing rooms as I found the room very unsettling and creepy and he insisted that there was no vacancy in the other rooms and that they were fully booked despite my mother hearing the receptionist offer a room to the guest she was talking to and saying there was plenty of rooms available as their original one had cockroaches in it.
We then asked the porter if he could find a lightbulb for the light that didn't have one in it to help illuminate the room so it was less creepy or if not a lightbulb then a lamp. When we returned from dinner 2 hours later we asked the porter on our way to the room if there was any resolution to the issue with the lights and he told us that they have no lightbulbs or lamps because all the ministers were using them and that the person who has the key is gone home. We were shocked by the response or lack thereof.
Breakfast was mediocre as was the room and after the bad experience we cancelled our booking and checked out the next morning. All paying guests should be treated the same regardless of their occupation and status, I understand that respect should be given to Ministers and Pastors however I don't think that should be at the cost of other patrons' experience.
Not only did the room not meet the description posted the photos posted aren’t the same room we were given.
Date of stay: September 2022
    $147
    $132
2.9 km from Hotel Millenia
Free parking
Sunrise swim to start the day
$168
    $98
  • eDreams
2.6 km from Hotel Millenia
View more hotels in Apia
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed 5 weeks, i found this family run hotel to have mostly friendly and helpful staff, The food is middle of the road, one of the chefs is excellent. House keeping staff are excellent, it would have been better if the patrons read the pool rules.
Still overal this hotel is value for money and has the cheapest bar in Apia

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

Came here for dinner, busy but a lovely atmosphere.
The food was a major let down tho, except for the poke that was fantastic! Out of 5 mains 4 were a let down. They smelt off tasted off no dressing on the salad which was dry.
Our drinks were warm and the soft drink was flat tasted like cordial
However the service and staff were excellent.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 992arianag
Reviewed 16 September 2019

The hotel hasn't changed much in 10 years, we still enjoyed the "turtle " swimming pool and its surroundings, the spacious rooms with the balcony overlooking the pool and the harbour in the distance, the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff in the bar/restaurant , and the easy walk along the waterfront to town.
A shame nothing can be done about the loud throbbing music from the nightclub next door in the evenings.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

I stayed for a week while on business in Apia, and my trip coincided with the Tuila Festival, that went from dawn until midnight, whereupon the nightclub in the tin shed next door to the hotel kicked off. Couple this with the wafer thin walls that enabled me to hear the person in the next room actually breathing, and I didn’t sleep particularly well. Lovely staff, but horrendous location and decrepit rooms meant it was a tough stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

So we arrived on a Saturday afternoon and was given a room upstairs the restaurant/club even though we booked a room with a patio and a view. We had a view of the roof and aircons. The outdoor condenser units were very noisy. We also had the music pumping and hyenas screaming till 1am.
Earlier we left around 8pm to get dinner, I’ve read previous comments about no parking available due to patrons been allowed to parked behind the allotted car parks for hotel customers.
So I asked the lovely receptionist who assured me that there will be parking available. So when I returned , my car Park was taken and therefore I parked across the reception entry as there was no parking available! Grrrr.
I advised her and she said no worries. My only issue was I had to move my car around 1am after the drunks/patrons left.
In our room we had a missing light bulb and a missing tv remote as well as ants and a leaking toilet.
In the morning we requested to be moved to rooms out the back and it was met.
Our new room had no phone. Our room was not cleaned as I was not advised by the receptionist that you need to put the sign out ”clean my room”,ffs really.
The cleaners were not thorough, and did not wiped the table down or take out leftover drinks.
The breaky was very average and mundane, the same burnt toast daily and fried eggs and spaghetti. There was no variety. If it was, it was baked beans instead lol.
Pool looks like it needs an upgrade.
Staff were good I suppose.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple