Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ritah
Fiji

Extremely calm atmosphere🥰🥰

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks agovia mobile
"Loved the atmosphere! The hotel room was clean, nice and spacious. Breakfast was lovely . The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Sharon:) "SHE'S THE BESTTTT!...Loved the Birthday surprise they made🥰😙even thou it was a last minute request from my parents, lol....
The location is just perfect for a walk to the restaurants and shopping centers nearby. Be sure if I had to come back in Samoa in the future , I'll come back there! And i'd recommend certainly your hotel."
Date of stay: May 2024
  • Expedia.com
    $147
0.3 km from The Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Free parking
Sunrise swim to start the day
  • Expedia.com
    $168
    $161
3.2 km from The Samoan Outrigger Hotel
    $99
2.0 km from The Samoan Outrigger Hotel
View more hotels in Apia
All reviews pancakes mosquito net breakfast was delicious samoan experience air conditioning every morning central apia close to town new zealand claus supermarket fans coconut
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2024

Wonderful hotel, an old colonial house set in a garden on the outskirts of Apia (not really walking distance to town but an easy taxi ride), there are several types of room. Downstairs the rooms are modern and air-con, the advantage being they are cool, the disadvantage being that they lack character. Upstairs, however, the rooms are old style, fans rather than air-con (since they are not airtight...), delightful and with character, some with ensuite and (I think) some with shared facilities. If you stay upstairs remember that this is an old house and the floorboards creak...! In the garden there are fales, Samoan-style huts, all facilities shared, aimed more for backpackers. Generally, the place is well kept and clean, linen was changed regularly and both sheets and towels were in good condition and always smelt fresh. Our only complaint here was that the first day we had polyester sheets on the bed, which were very unpleasant, but we asked for cotton sheets and they were immediately replaced, so not really a complaint. The breakfasts are great, filling and different every day, and although there are no other meals offered, the kitchen (and the fridge) is available for guests to use, which is very useful if you're staying for a while (as we were, we were there for two weeks) and don't want to eat out every night. All in all, highly recommended, the staff are all, without exception, friendly, smiling and efficient and made our stay extra memorable. With an eye to some other reviews, remember that this is not a five star hotel, it is budget accommodation. Still, the range of rooms make it suitable for most guests, and particularly those staying for a while.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2023

• I booked the hotel for July 30-31, paying 1 night’s accommodation ($NZ133) as a deposit. The Hotels.com website said that the booking was fully refundable if cancelled by July 26th.
• Prior to July 26th, I had to cancel the booking, following which Hotels.com said I would receive a full refund from the hotel.
• Because of a delay in receiving the refund, I followed up with both parties whose responses were:
o Hotels.com said the refund was up to the hotel
o The Samoan Outrigger Hotel said they were following Hotels.com policy in charging for and not refunding the deposit, implying that “their hands were tied” by the website policy.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank philcV9547RT
Claus Hermansen, Owner at The Samoan Outrigger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2024

Talofa Phil,

When you book through a third party booking platform such as Booking.com or Expedia you have to cancel with them, which is what I informed you to do. I also wrote an email to you saying if you dont hear from them then email me back. You never did but posted this instead.

Claus Hermansen

Reviewed 24 July 2023 via mobile

Outstanding place to stay Great team owner is very polite.

Our night staff lady on front desk fotu she is outstanding every night she would be so happy to see you always so very polite with her weight in gold.

She would always make sure everyone was ok and happy so pleasant to talk toad were all the crew.

The hotel was so clean and fresh friendly the breakfast were always beautiful and fresh and a real pleasure in the morning.

In the morning there was a young girl called Rachel she was always so busy and polite brought my wife and I coffee with a big smile.

Honestly I can not say enough about this little hotel usually I would say you get what you pay for but not in this case you get so much more then what you pay for.

I would gladly suggest this hotel to all of my friends and family and I will be returning in my opinion I can not say a bad thing about this place

Room tip: Be aware of the dogs and don’t go out walking at not this is across the whole island they can be nasty and bite . L
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2023 via mobile

What a terrific place, away from the hussle and bustle of the town centre. Full if charm and character, with such delightful staff and a really good breakfast, plus an onsite hire car. Lovely garden and pool and easy to relax in the common area.
Great place to chat with other travellers and compare stories. Ideal for families, with a kitchen and supermarket over the road.

Room tip: Nothing open nearby on a Sunday, just be prepared.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2023

This hotel was like a lovely backpackers for grown ups and we enjoyed this. The rooms were clean, functional and had all of the facilities needed. Although a little small this was OK. We stayed in room 8 downstairs. It was value for money.
I really liked the outdoor dining area near the pool as it was a friendly place to talk to other travelers and share stories. The gardens were stunning.
The location was good as only 5 minutes drive to the city centre and on the Cross Island Road for the day we went to Robert Louis Stevenson's house and gardens. Apia is not a big city. There was space for 5 cars in the car park and 2 on the street and this was Ok as there was always parking available for us. I bought a local sim card at the airport on arrival and this was handy as I could use my maps app on my phone for us to find our way around.
The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were colorful, creative and something for everyone as they were served on a tray with a bit of everything with different items each morning.
We had some laundry done and it was ready within half a day.
The TV did not work due to a signal connection error.
The air con worked well. The shower was hot which I like. Their was a shelf in the bathroom to put your products which was very handy. Hotels should supply places to put your stuff.
They asked you take off your shoes when walking in the reception area which was a pain as my shoes were clean and I feel there is a fungal infection risk walking around bare footed. There were stones outside and they were rough on bare feet if needed to nip between the reception and the downstairs. I think they should make this optional.

Room tip: Coco banana restaurant is 5 doors up for dinner. See the police flag raising ceremony marching band at 830 till 9am each weekday morning.
Date of stay: June 2023