eDreams
Red Beach, New Zealand
The Jewel in Apia's Crown
Review of Amanaki Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Oct 2022
Simply the very best in every respect. Excellent accommodation with excellent bed & bedding, excellent tea & coffee station, excellent fridge & TV and an excellent ensuite bathroom where everything was immaculate. The airconditioning was quiet and perfect. The drapes were super and excluded the bright morning sun. The balcony was excellent with wonderful views over the excellent pool to Apia Harbour beyond and visiting cruise ships. The pool was tepid and clean. Breakfasts and lunches are excellent. Dinners are absolutely brilliant and very reasonably priced hence the high number of locals who choose to dine out at Amanaki. The poached swordfish with citrus and basil sauce would win most cookery competitions. In conclusion, the Amanaki Hotel richly deserved the "excellent" adjective I've used repeatedly. It's excellent value and located within an easy walk to the town centre. I can't wait to stay there again. 10/10.
Date of stay: October 2022
Room service
$93
1.3 km from Amanaki Hotel
Restaurant
Sunrise swim to start the day
$175
  • ZenHotels.com
    $106
2.5 km from Amanaki Hotel
View more hotels in Apia
All reviews the ground floor excellent accommodation small hotel apia harbour swimming pool is tuna continental breakfast restaurant staff air conditioning toast town centre rental car samoa nz rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

Our room was everything we expected, clean comfortable and air conditioned. The pool area is very beautiful and private. I can’t thank the staff enough, they certainly go the extra mile to be helpful. The restaurant is one of the best places to eat. Meals are varied and plated beautifully. We have stayed at this hotel twice now and can’t wait for the third holiday.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

Amanaki hotel is perhaps one of the better known properties among frequent travelers to the island nation for their beautiful rooms, amazing dining experience (try the Poke or Lobster), attentive staff & an ever present bunch or three of plantation bananas hanging in the hallway for guests to pick.

There’s a generosity of service & spirit that cant be matched with the way the Amanaki team from the dining area to reception to room service all make you feel like you’re part of their big extended Samoan family

If you’re not a breakfast person like me, be prepared to be greeted by Sa who I quickly took to calling Aunty as she’d cheer on the guests to eat more while Lina at reception would call my room to make check if I’d like something from the breakfast table before it’s cleared. I now join countless frequent travelers to the Island & Samoans in recommending and choosing Amanaki

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank dwainqalovaki
Reviewed 3 July 2019

This is a great place to stay in Apia. The rooms are clean, staff is helpful and friendly and the food is always good. There are lots of other hotels with more amenities but I still like Amanaki the best when I'm staying in Apia.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank fredsY600JZ
Reviewed 23 June 2019

I have lost track of the times we have stayed here at The Amanaki Hotel, we have booked again for 2 weeks in June next year. Beverley, Lynelle and the staff are just 2nd to none. We took our sister with us thus year and she could not get over how al staff addressed her by name. The rooms are spacious, the food 2nd to none and the pool just wonderful.

Room tip: 2nd or top floor best, this year we stayed on the ground floor hard to dry your pool towels. Other than that everything was perfect.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Dale h
Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

The rooms are average but spacious. Don't take me wrongly, I loved the place...what makes the hotel are the friendly staff and most of all the yummy food at their restaurant...they seriously have a 5 star chef in my books. The location is so convenient, only a 5min walk from the CBD. Would definitely recommend this place for its food, convenience and hospitality. Note: I didnt see an elevator so had to walk up the flight of stairs with my suitcase.

Date of stay: March 2019