Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
colletta t

Family from Melbourne

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Sept 2015via mobile
We checked in on the 1st of September for a week. Me, hubby and our 3 children.

Staff were very helpful and helped us settle in quickly the rooms were clean and very spacious.. We were given room 105 on ground floor which was fine as the view was amazing and it was handy with children when coming and going..

The room had 1 double and 3 singles, air con, TV, even a couch lol

Once we were settled we went for a swim in the pool, and just relaxed we had been in Samoa for 5 days staying with family in Apia which was full on with site seeing, shopping, up early and late nights etc just trying to make the most of it and Galusina made us feel we were finally on holiday with that relaxation feel.

We had dinner once as we always had dinner with friends and family before returning to our room.
Kids ordered fish n chips, I ordered stuffed chicken with mash and veges. F/C's was fresh and tasty, my stuffed chicken was a little over cooked but the sauce was amazing they didn't have much to offer alcohol wise as you could only order Vailima or red/white wine.

Breakfast was different every morning served with fresh local fruits and staff had no problems catering for more when we invited family for brekky.

The sound of the waves crashing on the rocks across the road was something different but naturally beautiful.

All in all me and my family enjoyed our stay always nice being greeted with smiles, and help with the kids and all our bags.

We were given the option to pay via CC or Cash we paid cash.

The chef Tui (I think 😁) was very happy to tell stories about the island and share his experiences..

Tamali'i the manager was very informative with spots that were children friendly that we could visit and where we could get certain souvenirs which was very helpful.

😃

• ZenHotels.com
    $177
11.6 km from Galusina Village Resort
Pool
Sunrise swim to start the day
$166
  • ZenHotels.com
    $99
14.6 km from Galusina Village Resort
View more hotels in Apia
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2015

When we arrived there, staff were quick to accommodate and have you settled in the rooms. The rooms were very spacious and well constructed. It is meant for the traveler who will be in and out and spending most of it's time sight seeing. When you book, ask for the second and third floors. As soon as you step into the balcony, you will see the beauty and the luxury of the ocean. The waves are humongous, it picks up the rich black sand and kneads into cocoa-like doe.Amazing, it's like all your worries were picked up and kneaded away into a ball and then releasing them unto the rocks as if it meant that everything was going to be okay. This eye remedy of nature is no where to be found. Their beds are the most comfortable and it tops off with the carvings on the headboard. The bathrooms are great. Clean and spacious. I am not one for state of the art, because cleanliness and simple are what I'm all about. They don't have your ideal pool, but that's why you're on an island! Get out there and enjoy the ocean and all the treasures of fresh deep water. While you're out to enjoy and swimming away, coming to a room where you are able to move around and relax, that is the perfect end to an awesome day. I love Galusina! Btw, wifi is not available, even perfect. I turned off my phone and everything else made sense. I came back home and turned it on and life began. But the point is, enjoy nature!

Room tip: Best View. Clean and Spacious. 2nd and 3rd Floor is a must!
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank SadeTilo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I will start off with the staff here are lovely and very friendly.
Meals are also nice, although eggs on toast is what you will get for breakfast daily.
The rooms on the other hand are not what I expected and a bit disappointing.
I loved the sound of crashing waves while lying in bed, but I couldn't get onto the rooms balcony as the glass door was jammed and when staff finally got it opened we found the fly screen door was also jammed.
There is NO hot water! This was a bit disappointing as after a long sweaty day i was hoping for a warm shower to refresh, but unfortunately there was was only very cold water which was a bit of a shock to the system.
We found that the room also had an awful musty smell coming from behind the bed, which turned out to be a water leak in the wall and was surrounded by millipedes (which kept coming back).
Also when we turned on the air con millipedes kept falling out of it.
This resort is a minimum 30 minutes from Apia and an hour from the south side beaches (the ones with sand).
Make sure you bring plenty of bug spray as mosquitos run riot around the resort!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Travelnikk
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Not sure what is going on with this place. Expected us to pay in cash, even though booking info & website clear about credit. Receptionist dug old ATM machine out of draw in other room but apparently no-one could be found to use it. I assume they dot have an ATM connection. In the end we have to pay with AU$ Unfortunately we wasted a whole afternoon & missed out on going to Piula cave pool because we were waiting to settle the payment.

We had organised a wake up call at 7 am & breakfast at 7. 30. We got a wake up call at 5 am and no breakfast at all because the cook left and didn't return.

The tiny pool was half full of dirty water.

Apart from that, the room and the price was great. Good menu & food, though many things on it were unavailable.

Room tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are very close to the road
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank Elzie_12
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I truly recommend Galusina as the place to stay if you are in Samoa to do some sightseeing, island tours or visiting family and friends.
Having just returned to New Zealand from a weekend away I have nothing but high praise for the Galusina management and staff.
The location was truly beneficial in the sense that you are not too far away to quickly drive into Apia anytime you need, but not too close either to be overcome by the business.
You also have the luxury of being in a true Samoan village environment while still having unlimited privacy, peace and quite.
Galusina has exceptional service, mouth watering food- full of Polynesian flavour, deluxe comfortable rooms, and a million dollar view of the Pacific Ocean at your doorstep.
If I was an author Galusina would have provided me with the perfect retreat and inspiration to complete a series of novels.
It's just a great place nestled away in the backdrop of lush native Solosolo plants and trees.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Kiwi rover w
Reviewed 9 December 2011

what a lovely place to have stayed in....perfect for the traveller that is looking for peace and comfort. I was looking for a place in which I needed to get my work done without any hustling and bustling of town and this resort was the perfect place for that. If you are one of those people looking for a place to do some real thinking, retreating and an escape from the outside world this place is perfect for you as it was for me.

Room tip: rooms at the top floor have the best views.....although I have no photos but you have to stay there to enjoy it.
Date of stay: September 2011