Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,337 results
All reviews fia fia night air con close to town samoa tala
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2020

Right from the check in I was greeted with a very rude and abrupt female staff member. Who accused me of being in the wrong without gathering the full facts of my booking. I had already had a long day and just wanted to check in already. I’ve never experienced such customer service ever! following that I requested to speak to a manager who advised it was not the first time they’ve had a complaint about this particular individual which was rather concerning. She did however help to ease the situation by offering a nights buffet which was wonderful. However, I was still confused as to why she was still working at the front desk if they were aware they’ve had complaints about this individual. It made for an awkward situation every time I’d past the foyer. Further to this, the constant popping in and out of their office out the back I found very unprofessional. I feel like there should be a manager on the floor as often as possible rather than sitting out the back.

In addition to this, the washing machines were terrible to use as it took nearly $60 tala in total for tokens to slot into the machines just to clean our clothes. Thankfully one of the staff members was so kind to dry my clothing in their big laundromat machines. The male staff were wonderful and always accommodating.

Also upon checking out my vehicle was damaged on hotel premises. It was honestly the icing on the cake to what was already a difficult stay. I am just thankful for Manager Lafo who helped so much to ease the process! it really tainted the remainder of my trip. The trees on the premises really need to be dealt with if vehicles are damaged by ‘flying branches’ or debris due to terrible weather on a regular basis.

I also found that several of the female staff were particularly rude when I’d approach the front desk and would be on their phones while I was trying to talk to them! I really think that there needs to be some sort of customer service training and shift in attitude it’s just not acceptable on any level.

Aside from all of this the actual hotel premises is beautiful. I loved the rooms and the buffet and kitchen service was great! The performances were wonderful especially the fire dancing. The gym was also great to use while I was there.

Thanks to Lafo and Fono for their assistance. I know their hands were tied but they tried to help where they could.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank litaa2014
EMtth, Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Talofa litaa2014,

You are clearly dissapointed with your stay.
There are issues that we need to take responsibility for and we apologise where we have fallen short.

At the same time, your expectations are unrealistic.
Holding the hotel responsible for a branch falling from a tree is just plain silly.

Regards

Reviewed 14 January 2020

Tanoa Tusitala has been our family's go to hotel in Samoa for close to 10 years now.

It has a family-oriented feel about it which is unique to the Tanoa hotel and not found at neighbouring hotels and resorts. The staff are polite, helpful and respectful and always go the mile when serving meals, helping you with luggage, and during all interactions.

From check in to check out and all liaisons in between, Tanoa provides an experience that puts your mind at ease. The rooms are spacious and kept to a high level of cleanliness, with the housekeepers only too happy to service extra requests such as extra towels, plates, bits and ends - regularly! Each time we head out or come back, the staff are always happy to help with laundry, groceries, bags, you name it.

Breakfast is something Tanoa has always done well and continues to do well. Both the continental and hot breakfasts are long-standing traditions at the hotel, one that guests are only too happy to take up, with the egg and omelette station being per busy from start to finish. The lunch and dinner menu also remains great value for money, with bar and beverage prices being cheaper than many options surrounding the hotel.

In particular I wish to commend the Acting General Manager Selau who remains one of the biggest reasons as to why we continue to stay at the Tanoa time and time again. Selau's awesome leadership is evident in the quality of the service we received and our overall stay.

Finally, Tanoa Tusitala boasts of a prime location in terms of being sitatuated in the CBD. It is only a 2 minute walk to the old market, wharf and string of terrific shops, and a 7 minute walk to the new market and all the other must visit shops in the CBD.

Room tip: Rooms in the far West Wing are the best in terms of location and least noise levels.
Date of stay: December 2019
EMtth, Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Talofa CedricTheKiwi,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. Our Team appreciates the accolades and your kind comments.

We look forward to welcome you and your family in the not too distant future.

With Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 January 2020

Rooms are okay, and are looked after by a crew of professional ladies. Central location of this hotel is an asset. Bar area is fine place to chill out after a day's excursion. Buffett beakfast needs improvement. So does coffee that did not taste right. Overall, an average stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
140  Thank tempesttraveler
EMtth, Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Talofa tempesttraveler,

• Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear of your kind comments on our Housekeeping team. We had carried out some re-training of the team in rooms presentation not long ago and glad that this initiative is evident to our guest comforts
Our buffet breakfast is quite popular with our guests and our chef does daily specials.including the egg station. We are continually trying to improve the variety and quality of our breakfast offering. We will check on the coffee issue.

Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before transferring to taumeasina. Family enjoyed the clean rooms and pool. Nice brekky as well. Could've stayed alot longer but had already booked elsewhere. This booking at Tanoa was done last minute.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Talofa Doc_Neru,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your short stay with us. Your positive comments are much appreciated. We hope you get to stay longer in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a group. The rooms were spacious and clean. There were some alterations around the pool area so all meals were done in a conference facility on site. Which was a bit of a disappointment because it certainly didn't have the charm of the pool area.
The hotel was convenient to town and staff were helpful with suggestions.

Date of stay: August 2019
EMtth, Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Talofa mirjamjon,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are pleased you identified our rooms being spacious and clean, our housekeeping team really appreciate your positive comments
We did some upgrade to our Deck Bar and restaurant which now boasts new paint in white and compliment with furnitures stained in black vanish. I'm sure you 'll enjoy the ambience next time your' here.
Yes close proximity to everything is a big plus when you stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future

Team Tanoa Tusitala Hotel