Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I recently stayed for a period of four months at the Apaula Heights Apartments in Apia.

Apaula Heights Apartments offers an excellent quality of accommodation, and I would highly recommend it to any travelers staying for a week or longer in Apia – including those using Apia as a base to explore the island of Upolu.

The highlights of the Apaula Heights Apartments include the cleanliness and excellent condition of the facilities, the views of Apia and its surroundings from the large terraces on each floor, the fresh breezes that blow through the apartments due to the hillside location, the peaceful and quiet surroundings, and the highly secure nature of the building (with 24-hour attendants on site).

I had previously stayed at several different hotels in Apia, and I believe that the Apaula Heights Apartments offer the best quality of accommodation in town, at reasonable prices, for those staying more than a few days.

For shorter-term visitors, Apaula Heights is not really suitable, due to the absence of an on-site restaurant. It is a short drive from the apartments to most sites of interest in Apia – five or ten minutes in most cases. For those without a rental car, taxi cabs are plentiful and inexpensive in Apia.

The location is peaceful and quiet for the most part. However, you should note that “rural” noises, such as dogs barking and roosters crowing, do make themselves heard in the early morning hours. Two solutions to this issue are to bring along earplugs, or to close the windows and turn on the air conditioning.

The owners and operators of Apaula Heights Apartments are friendly, professional, and responsive to any requests made of them. They also own and operate the two Tatiana Motel locations in Apia, which are very popular amongst medical students and budget travelers. Guest of the Apaula Heights Apartments may use the very nice swimming pool at the Tatiana Motel located on the cross-island road.

Apaula Heights Apartments offer a great quality of accommodation: comfortable beds and furniture, excellent cleanliness, large washrooms with good water pressure and reliable hot water, security on-site 24 - 7, free parking, ceiling fans and air conditioning, an on-site laundry machine, and an excellent location. The views are spectacular, particularly at sunrise and sunset. Another great thing about Apaula Heights is the relative coolness of the location. Apia can be quite warm much of the year, and so it is great to have an apartment up on the hillside where nice breezes blow much of the time.

In short, the many positive features of Apaula Heights Apartments easily outweigh the small drawbacks of no on-site restaurant and the short drive into the central business district of Apia. I would certainly return to Apaula Heights Apartments, and have no hesitation recommending it to other travelers. Complaints found in previous Trip Advisor reviews (construction noises and bell-tower noises) are no longer issues.

Room tip: Best views on the higher floors.
Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank 76scott
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Apuala Heights Apartments are approx 3.4 km from the clock tower. The apartments are spacious, airy, and enjoy panoramic views that no photo could do justice to. Chad and Sandra (Afoa's daughter) manage a great little enterprise managing three complexes in the Apia area along with a car rental business (at least), meaning a rental car can be waiting for you (and left) at your apartment at no extra cost. The rental car gives you the flexibilty of visiting any number of beaches and other attractions on the island and stocking up on supplies or eating out at your convenience. If you do not want to drive then I suggest you get a phone at the airport on your way in and call the cheap and plentiful taxi services as suggested by other reviewers.

There is a night watchman (Ennie) for even greater peace of mind. He helps you with the gates at night (and anything else you ask of him). The kitchen is more than adequate for cooking or preparing a picnic lunch. Self catering also saves money which can always be put toward another holiday. The satellite TV allows you to keep up with sport/news of a night after a tough day at the beach.

In summary a great alternative to the traditional holiday at a Samoan beach / resort because you can visit a different one any time you want to.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 (previous review), and am not long back from another month in April 2013. It was as clean, spacious and the views as delightful as before, I loved every minute. A sensational place to come home to after work and have a white wine out of the fridge while looking at what must be Apia's best views. And I solved the occasional transport problem due to being a little way off the main road - DB taxis, call 22380, they have about 50 radio-controlled cabs, they are on the move 24/7, and I never had a problem telling the dispatcher where/when I wanted a pickup. A trip from town after work, stopping at a supermarket for provisions, then back to the apartments usually cost 8-10 tala - a max of A$4. In the mornings I could ring when I was ready to go to work and a good quality cab would always be at the door in about 5 minutes. The apartments have Sky TV (which I barely watched, much preferred the view) and reasonable speed WiFi Internet access (about A$2.50/hour, not bad to be sitting at your desk in a/c comfort). I am booked back there in October, and looking forward to it!

Room tip: The higher the better for the view
Date of stay: April 2013
3  Thank NewCaledonia_Garth
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The Tatiana Apartments are ideal for a businessperson wanting a nice place to stay while working in Apia. I stayed a total of 12 weeks in 2012 and really enjoyed having Tatiana Apartments as my home away from home. The apartments are spacious, clean and nice and are serviced once a week. The kitchen facilities are basic but adequate - I cooked most of my meals. There is a clothes washing machine for shared use. There is a security person on site. The apartments are located about 30mins walk (or a 5 Tala taxi fare) from Apia CBD and are elevated. There are great views from the level 2 deck of the Apia area and out to the Pacific Ocean. In May and August I really enjoyed seeing the sun rise over the horizon from my apartment. The deck was great for chatting with others after work too.
The owner (Afoa) was very helpful if I needed anything, and also kindly took me to work each day. I recommend the apartments to anyone looking for accommodation while working in Apia.

Room tip: Level 2 has views from the deck.
Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I have been coming to Samoa for 16 years now, and have stayed all over town, mostly at the top end of the market. This was my first stay at Apaula Heights, and after less than 24 hours I vowed that I would never stay anywhere else so long as I could get a booking here. A beautiful setting and lovely spacious clean well-appointed suites (I measured mine - it was 82 sq mtrs). Absolutely superb value for money, and I love the fact that its beautiful location is just a little bit out of the way. But once you have the number of a reliable cab or the local stand it is only a few minutes to anywhere in town, and a maximum of 5 tala (about A$2). I loved every minute, and found Afoa to be an excellent host. I recommend it thoroughly for anyone who likes space, comfort and outstanding views. I will be back! Garth Parry / New Caledonia

Room tip: There are more suites being built as I write, so this might be soon out of date - the level I was on had only 3 suites - all were excellent. And like everywhere in Samoa - take some Aerogard for when the mozzies come out at sunset if you are outside on one of those fabulous balconies!
Date of stay: November 2012