Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
V8405WH

We had such a wonderful time!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2019via mobile
My girlfriend and I, we spent about one and a half month in Apia (part for our studies and part for vacation). We chose Tatiana's Motel for our stay because it was recommended to us by friends. And we weren't disappointed at all.
Our room included a shower, sink and a toilet. It was cleaned and tidied up once a week. Breakfast was included and contained toast, a variaty of fresh tropical fruits, some jam, milk and tea to drink. Together with other students staying at Tatiana's at that time, we used the kitchen quite often to cook. It had all you needed to prepare you fresh veggies etc.
The pool was very nice for a swim after a long days work, even when the rain was pourring down!
Last but not least: the staff!! Such wonderful people, from the ladies tidying the rooms, preparing breakfast to the host: Sandra! We can't express our gratitude, especially to Sandra. She helped us plan every trip we made in Samoa (from car hiring to accomodation). She knows so many people around the islands, so we often got the best deals! She and her partner Joe even took us students on a day trip to Lalomanu beach. She checked in with us frequently, made sure everything was going well! Thank you so much, Sandra! You made our stay so much better!!

Cheers, Chloé and Marc
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sunrise swim to start the day
$161
    $73
    $129
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Apia
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2019

I'd like to start by saying that I could not recommend staying at Tatiana's any more if you are a medical student! The set up was absolutely perfect for doing an elective and there were about 8 of us there in January. There is also no need to bring your own scrubs to TTM as Tatiana's had about 3 giant black bags full of them from previous students!

The best part of Tatiana's was the service. Sandra (and Joe) were incredible hosts and did the most fantastic job of looking after us. We were taken for tours of town, on a day trip to Lalomanu beach and had all of our trips/car rentals/Fia Fia night etc booked or partially planned for us (and at discounted rates). When my roommate lost her key Sandra even changed the locks on our door just for our peace of mind. She was always available on Whatsapp and checked in with us regularly despite her very busy schedule.

I stayed in a twin share room with another student I was travelling with - it was basic but had all the things you could need for a comfortable stay (small fridge, ensuite, desk, wardrobe, air conditioning + fan, single beds). Everything was cleaned on a weekly basis and to a high standard. Every morning breakfast was supplied (staples of bread/cereal/milk/boiled eggs/butter/tea/coffee, plus a variety of fresh food that varied by day - bananas, papaya, mango, pineapple). The kitchen was very well equipped for cooking if you are that way inclined, although I would note that the fridges were dodgy so we had to rely on the tiny ones in our room quite a bit. The ladies who work at Tatiana's were fantastic and would never let us do any dishes which took some getting used to!

One thing I would note is that all of the washing for the 3 Tatiana motels is done at Tanugamanono and by hand, therefore the ladies were very busy/tired so it would be better to do your own handwashing or take laundry to a laundromat in town.

Other things that were great about the motel - very nice pool, excellent proximity to the hospital and other places. I would recommend Krush (smoothies, vegan food for cheap and yum lunches), Touch of Samoa (great cheap massages), Pickled Lam (good lunch options), Scalini's (amazing Italian food), and Lynn's (reasonable supermarket for basics - particularly cold drinks and iceblocks!).

Overall - if you are a medical student, you MUST stay at Tatiana's because it is cheap, comfortable and comes with the amazing local experience offered by Sandra and Joe.

1  Thank Rachael J
Reviewed 24 February 2019

I was staying at Tatiana's during my medical elective at TTM hospital. The rooms are simple but clean and equipped with a little fridge and a perfectly working ac. The pool is great and the hospital is very close.
Right at our arrival the managers, Sandra and Joe, took us on a tour through Apia and made us feel very welcome right from the start. The next day they even took us to get our Samoan SIM cards and to an atm with the best exchange rate outside of town. And on Sundays they sometimes drove us to a beach or to see some waterfalls. Sandra and Joe were always very helpful when we had questions or needed something.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2019

I stayed 4 weeks at Tatiana Motel during my medical elective placement at TTM hospital, which was a 10 minute walk away. The motel was also located only a short walk from a small supermarket (Lynn's), several nice restaurants/cafes, and a gym.
I was in a twin share room with a friend. The room was simple, but had everything we needed, including aircon, which was much appreciated for allowing a good night's sleep in the humid climate.
The motel's pool was nice and well-maintained, and the communal dining areas were always kept clean and tidy, with toast, spreads and hot drink-making facilities always available.
Breakfasts are provided and there is a kitchen that you are able to use for cooking other meals if you wish. It was generally well-equipped, however the two fridges there were quite old and not the best for food storage - one too warm, the other too cold.
Far and away the most biggest factor that made my stay here so enjoyable was the hospitality we received from the staff, particularly the manager, Sandra. From an initial orientation tour of Apia when we arrived, to helping arrange any trips and sightseeing we wanted to do, to even doing a pharmacy run when I was ill, Sandra ensured that we felt very much at home and were able to have the best possible experience of Samoa.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2019

I stayed at Tatiana Motel for 6 weeks during my medical elective at TTM hospital and it was exactly what I was looking for. The location was very convenient for myself as it was only a short walk away from the hospital and a very short taxi ride to anywhere in town. It was also very close to a supermarket and a gym which made it even more convenient! I was very impressed with my room and the other facilities the motel had to offer. It was amazing to be able to chill in the pool after a long, hot day and the ping pong tournaments in the evening with the other medical students made my stay extremely entertaining! The kicthen was really big and full of plenty utensils for cooking which meant that I could pretty much make anything that I wanted. I also enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings as this set me up for the day perfectly.

What made Tatiana really special was the warm welcome I received on arrival. Sandra and her team really went of their way to make me feel comfortable and they ensured that I made the most out of my time in Samoa. Overall I had a fantastic time at Tatiana- I felt really well looked after and I would 100% recommend it to future medical students!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2018

I stayed at Tatiana Motel during my 4 week medical elective and had a wonderful time. The hosts were welcoming and gave us lots of advice and recommendations for our stay in Samoa. The motel is conveniently located for medical students being very close to the hospital, supermarket, and a number of nice eateries within walking distance and is just a short drive into the main part of town. The room was basic but there was enough space and it was clean and comfortable and I felt safe there. The large communal kitchen and dining areas were useful and the pool was nice to come home to each day! It was nice having other medical students and tourists around as well during my stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo