“Really Nice Vacation Rental in Mesa, AZ”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Maryoke
Iowa
“OK, But.......”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I've written many reviews for Tripadvisor. This is my first "bad review". Last year we rented for a little over a month. The price was cheap (then). The patio was great (after my husband spent two days cleaning). The owner lives in FL so caretaker was our go to guy. We had issues with the furnace. My husband replaced the filters (one was put in backwards). Still didn't work. We spent the first two weeks being cold, then it warmed up (after it got fixed and we didn't need it). I was told that if it wasn't really not working, the service call would be at our expense. Really? I was emailed a huge inventory list before arrival, but was told that I wouldn't have to do it because owner did it after every guest left. Hard to do from FL. I was then given a week to complete it and email it back (hard to do without internet). The house was full of personal stuff and trash that had no business being on an inventory list. I spent a week clearing out some of the junk. My husband spent more time fixing things. 4 new dining room chairs arrived while we were there (as two were broken when we arrived). My husband was expected to assemble them.....I was told that the gas patio heater was half full, and for our use. It was empty and we had to pay for it ($25). We used it for an hour. I was told the 2nd bedroom futon was "Very comfortable". Not! So flat, I slept on the couch until we found a single mattress that a previous renter had bought in the garage. I had to "Put it back when I was done using it". The furniture and carpets where filthy. As were the tile floors. I finally scrubbed them as I was tired of my feet sticking to the floor and cleaned the worst spots in the living room carpet. There was no internet. I was told to "set up an account". The roof had a blue tarp on it (it had leaked for over a year). One night the wind blew and it sounded like someone was stomping on the roof all night. It was the cement blocks holding down the tarp. I bought several things for the kitchen and was really glad I brought my fry pan and other pans as the pans in the kitchen were pathetic. We really enjoyed the patio (for the first few days). Then the fact that we were on the landing path of PHX got annoying. It is a very nice house. But the lies I was told by the owner really left a bad impression with me.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The price (it was a lot cheaper last year), the garage and the private.patio
Liked least: The jet noise while on the patio, the owner's responses
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JCBESSS
Oscoda, Michigan
“Really Nice Vacation Rental in Mesa, AZ”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We were pleasantly surprised to find a well-kept clean and homey house when we walked through the door. The owner checked to made sure that everything was going well shortly after we checked in and let us know to contact him if we needed anything. This was greatly appreciated. The house is in a nice neighborhood that was close to everything we needed, including family. The neighbors are really close in this neighborhood but they all seemed respectful of everyone’s privacy and it was fairly quiet. There is a dog park really close where we could take the dogs to run around on grass. Being from the Mid-West they were not really excited about a yard with just concrete sidewalks and rocks, but the size of the yard worked well. The kitchen is stocked with the basics so we were able to cook most everything we wanted. We had family come visit to play games on the kitchen table, help cook dinner, and eat dinner in the dining room without feeling crowded. We were able to use the Internet service, watch most of the same TV channels we have at home, and even hook up the PlayStation to watch our NHL games. According to family the December weather was cooler than normal but we found it comfortable. We would definitely recommend this vacation home to others and rent again if we ever find ourselves in Mesa again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Allowed us to have our dogs at the house.
Liked least: Bed was a bit too hard and felt like matress was near ready to be replaced, but better than most hotels we stayed at on our way out.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing