“Spicy King Crab and Grilled Salmon”
Review of Angry Crab Shack

Angry Crab Shack
Ranked #30 of 1,013 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We ordered so many dishes but the best food was the Spicy King Crab.It was cooked wirh a sauce that i mixed with my rice and it was so yummy that i ended the meal with a chocolate cake that was not sweet.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to have a birthday dinner! Lots of seating and lots of food to pick from ... If you like seafood! The kind crab and lobster are fantastic! The trifecta spice is good and I like my food spicy and ordered a number 5 sauce which is the hottest one on the menu ... It was good! The edamame and the sausage are great too! Service was good as well! I would definitely come back here again!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We always look forward to an evening at the Angry Crab Shack when in Mesa. Very casual! Can get loud. We usually visit with adults only.
It’s like an east coast Crab boil. You pick your meat, veggies, spices and a bag is delivered to your table with the necessary utensils. Don’t forget the bib. Things can get messy.
It reminds us of visits to the Chesapeake Bay.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I've not been to the Angry Crab for a few years, so I thought I'd visit again, looking for a Cajun seafood 'fix' (October 2017). I grew up on Cajun and creole cooking, and was in fact taught how to cook Creole style by my grandfather (who looked and sounded a lot like Justin Wilson). So I feel I can comment/judge cajun cooking with some authority.

Unfortunately, the Mesa Angry Crab missed the mark.

I ordered a bowl of gumbo. It reminded me of nothing except Campbell Soup's toned down version of Gumbo. The roux was very light, to my taste barely cooked. The shrimp were salad shrimp, too small to notice, really. There was a tiny smattering of overcooked rice. Overall the texture was gooey and the flavor was very, very bland. I know there are as many styles of gumbo as there are cooks, but this was an embarrassment for the price ($7.00). Frankly, it seemed like last week's left-overs.

I also ordered the Shrimp Basket. Again, it was delivered promptly (great staff). The shrimp were reminiscent of Gorton's Frozen shrimp in the Grocery freezer section. Medium to small, they had so much breading that it overwhelmed the tasteless shrimp. There was a ton of 'cajun' fries. These were pretty good, albeit stuck together in clumps of 2-4 fries.

My total bill was $18 plus change and a tip, so $22 overall for a meal I could have made with Campbell's soup and a half packet of Gorton's frozen fried shrimp for maybe $4.00.

Too bad. I guess I should have just ordered boiled crawfish. It's pretty hard to screw those up.

2  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We visited this place when it first opened and it was clean and nice. We just stopped in last month for a late lunch and wow. The entrance was filthy. The front door looked like a bathroom door at a mechanics shop. It just look beat up inside. Seats had ripped cushions. The food was good. Service was also OK. We heard from others to try the one in Tukee, much cleaner and nicer inide.