“Pleasantly surprised by fresh grilled seafood”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #88 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have to admit I had preconceived notions about heavy sauces and fried seafood, but when I recently met a friend here, I was really delighted to find a selection of several fresh fish available cooked on the grill. I chose salmon and added a "New Orleans" sauce which wasn't really that New Orleans, but really delicious anyway, with tomatoes and shrimp. I also had broccoli included with the meal. All the food tasted very fresh and was prepared really well and not under- or overcooked.
Even though they still have a lot of the old fried and heavy sauce stuff on the menu, I was really nicely surprised that there are now lots of healthier choices too; they'll do just about anything on the grill and there are lots of new vegetable options too. Definitely worth the visit. I'll be back for more grilled fish!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We found this restaurant near our Phoenix Mesa hotel and it was very good, as usual. Our waiter was very attentive and on spot. Would definitely visit this location again if in the area!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

The service was quick and the waitress very helpful but it was disappointing that it was my third choice before my order could be accepted. The restaurant was sold out of salmon and tilapia so prawns it was. We were able to have the biscuits without cheese as my husband doesn't eat cheese and they were freshly baked and delicious. I chose a green salad, rice and broccoli to go with the prawns and they were delicious too. The portion wasn't too big so not overwhelming like some of the other dishes appeared to be. Apart from the limited choice initially, this was a very good, reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The food was absolutely delightful! The service was delightful! All of the food was fresh. The cheddar biscuits were baked fresh and so soft and moist. The drinks that we had were to die for. This place is a 5 stars all the way around!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Recently went to Red Lobster on Alma School in Mesa Arizona.
Seated with in 15 minutes on a Friday later afternoon.
Waiter was a little disconnected slow in bring yummy biscuits. Got order mixed up for better half.
When brought the check it was for another party. Easily remedied.
Probably rate this visit avarage.