See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2014

I locked myself out of my own house accidentally and had to find a bed for the night.
Although the room was an affordable €25, I got no sleep at all!
Some elderly resident was dying of lung cancer and had an all night rasping cough that truly reflected this.
Other residents going to the loo all night insisted on slamming the heavy room doors shut going out, and on their return to their rooms.
Around 2pm, a woman decided to have a row with her man friend which went on for twenty minutes or so.
When I complained to the (admittedly polite) young man in the morning, he informed me that he couldn't offer me a reduction because the boss would have have his life!
This is one place to be avoided if you like sleep!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Mick M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We're not people who need luxury. Things don't have to be fancy looking. But they should work! A few things in our room were broke or very inconvenient: the shower took a long time to get warm and the mechanism to hang it on the wall was broke. The warm faucet did work but if you opened it the whole faucet turned and you had to hold it down. The shower door didn't slide, you have to pick it up awkwardly. The toilet seat cover would not stand upright on its own, so when you sit on the toilet it leans against your back. We complained about this because it was very annoying and they installed a new one the same day.
The toilet paper is not in its holder (we cannot put it in ourselves, it's locked) and is placed in the bidet.

The door of the room does not close on its own, we need the lock the door with the key to keep it closed.

We booked this room very late, so that's why we got a 3 person room. We thought okay, we get more space that way. The room is about 4m by 3.5 m. Way to small for 3 persons.

There are only 3 sockets. We could not use the one of the tv, it did not fit. The bed lamp used one, so we were one short to charge our phones. Remember this is a 3 person room!

Things positive about our room: it was clean, the airco worked and it was quiet (minus the occasional dog bark).

The people are nice and they fixed one of our inconveniences fast. Not all of them speak English properly. Also because of this we didn't have the stomach to complain about everything. A room should be in order without your guest complaining about everything.

Wifi is only in the lobby, which is fine by us. But the chairs there are very uncomfortable.

Olhão is a very nice village, but you should opt for another accommodation, especially if you want more luxury and properly working room.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JorisAnne
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The tourist office was closed when we arrived in Olhao on our bicycles and we wandered around looking for a hotel. A kind stranger led us to this pleasant property. We were given a family room large enough for the four of us and were able to lock up our bikes in the flowery courtyard space. The AC didn't work very well and we only had a view of storage areas but everybody was friendly and the property is centrally located just a block or two off the main drag near the Mercado. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and we had a delicious (although pricey) seafood meal and watched a World Cup game. This is a tourist town and the prices were high. The next morning the market(s) were in full swing and quite a community happening. This hotel is well taken care of and we had a good stay.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Fantastic value for a centrally located Guest House: the name is actually Alojamento Local Bela Vista and can be found with prices and photo on Booking.com. We got two great rooms with windows onto the street and A/C and private facilities: characterful and comfortable. Would certainly go again. Extremely friendly staff and little bars right by the door.

Room tip: I think we had 17 and 18, opposite each other at front. Great.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank snorkellerLeeds
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Based on a recommendation from the tourist office I walked in at midday asking for a single room.

I was offered a room with no windows or air conditioning but I was promised a fan. The room alsi qas neing used as a storage area - there were ladders in the room and cupboards full of mattresses. The price was 20 euros which wasn't as cheap as I would have liked but I wasn't sure if I would find anywhere else.

The showers were small but clean. It was impossible to be in the room during the day and at night it was unbearable. There was no air at all and it wasn't suitable for staying in.
I requested my fan and was told they didn't have one. At that point I realized that the only way I'd sleep was if went to the roof terrace. So I left and got over to the rather nice Youth Hostel in Faro. The excellent night receptionist helped me get there and got me special rates at her place.

I think that the Bela Vista is a bit of tourist rip off trap

Date of stay: July 2011