See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The tourist office was closed when we arrived in Olhao on our bicycles and we wandered around looking for a hotel. A kind stranger led us to this pleasant property. We were given a family room large enough for the four of us and were able to lock up our bikes in the flowery courtyard space. The AC didn't work very well and we only had a view of storage areas but everybody was friendly and the property is centrally located just a block or two off the main drag near the Mercado. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and we had a delicious (although pricey) seafood meal and watched a World Cup game. This is a tourist town and the prices were high. The next morning the market(s) were in full swing and quite a community happening. This hotel is well taken care of and we had a good stay.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Fantastic value for a centrally located Guest House: the name is actually Alojamento Local Bela Vista and can be found with prices and photo on Booking.com. We got two great rooms with windows onto the street and A/C and private facilities: characterful and comfortable. Would certainly go again. Extremely friendly staff and little bars right by the door.

Room tip: I think we had 17 and 18, opposite each other at front. Great.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank snorkellerLeeds
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Based on a recommendation from the tourist office I walked in at midday asking for a single room.

I was offered a room with no windows or air conditioning but I was promised a fan. The room alsi qas neing used as a storage area - there were ladders in the room and cupboards full of mattresses. The price was 20 euros which wasn't as cheap as I would have liked but I wasn't sure if I would find anywhere else.

The showers were small but clean. It was impossible to be in the room during the day and at night it was unbearable. There was no air at all and it wasn't suitable for staying in.
I requested my fan and was told they didn't have one. At that point I realized that the only way I'd sleep was if went to the roof terrace. So I left and got over to the rather nice Youth Hostel in Faro. The excellent night receptionist helped me get there and got me special rates at her place.

I think that the Bela Vista is a bit of tourist rip off trap

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank Lila A
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Likes:
* Friendly, hassle free check-in.
* I booked a room with a double bed and I got it. Normally you get two beds pushed together which is horrible.
* Stayed in a roof level room with plenty of natural light.
* Efficient airconditioning.
* Yes, they had a TV too, LoL.
* Bathroom en suite.
* Located in the old quarter of the town - limited parking available by entrance, but lots available about 100-150m away. I do look forward to my next stay there.

Dislikes:
* A long wait for the hot water.
* Sliding shower door, the runners of which have been worn away so the door catches instead of sliding.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrekSaffer
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Very odd with corners, stairs up and down, small patios. Good location in the centre of town, quiet, parking might be a problem. Small bathrom. Some rooms without windows and private bath, but the price will reflect that. Kind owner.

Date of stay: September 2008