All reviewshidden paradiseat homeon stiltsamazing foodsurrounding areaattention to detailvery special placeshort drivewarm welcomeviews are stunningfeel so welcomewhite portlocal winewonderful hostslovely poolwonderful experienceperfect place
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for four nights on our first trip to Portugal. We had already booked accommodation at another nearby retreat but cancelled it as soon as we stumbled across this place - and we're so glad we did. The serenity here is extraordinary. Berny and Glenn have created an oasis amongst the trees, a very special place on earth.

We stayed in one of the two stilted bungalows - we had pre-booked one but they were both available so Berny allowed us to check them both out and choose, which was so lovely because we actually preferred the one we hadn't booked. That kind of hospitality is rare, and was just the beginning of a wonderful experience at this guesthouse.

Berny and Glenn are the consummate hosts. They've curated a very well thought out experience where nothing is left to chance, but it all seems to come so naturally to them. Others have mentioned their warmth and friendliness and I will second that. I'm not the most social person in the world but we really enjoyed spending time with them and hearing their very interesting stories. They are wonderful people and they are what makes this place so amazing. If you have the chance to stay here, do it. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being away from the main house, the bungalows are super romantic and private.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Breathtaking view from the bungalow and wonderful reception from the owners. Berny and Glenn sure know how to receive guests. Amazing food: breakfast and dinners were a wonderful surprise. Peaceful, well decorated, a hidden paradise in the true sense.
Will surely come back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I spent 3 nights here as part of a two week holiday in Portugal, and I wish we could have stayed longer! What an amazing find. It truly is away from it all and a perfect place to recharge and reconnect with nature. We treated ourselves to a stay in one of the new bungalows on stilts to celebrate our anniversary and the view from the terrace was breathtaking! We spent many hours gazing at the view during the day and at the stars in the unpolluted sky at night. I was so inspired by the view I even did yoga on the terrace every morning! The bungalow was also lovely inside, beautifully and thoughtfully decorated. Berny and Glenn have done an amazing job creating this special place, where you are made to feel so welcome and at home. The food is fantastic (both breakfast and the 3 course meal produced by the two on site chefs) and we loved talking to Berny and Glenn finding out all about the Paradiso Escondido journey. The location is also perfect, a short drive away from some of the most beautiful, wild and undeveloped coastline I've seen. We were so sad to leave, but we plan to visit again - I even sub-consciously left my perfume behind to help make sure that happens!

Room Tip: Choose the bungalows for true privacy and the most incredible views!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was our third visit in as many years and what a change has taken place. Berny and Glenn have added two beautiful bungalows on stilts, high up over looking the valley. There are also a further four suites and the dining room has been extended and transformed. Everything has been done to the highest standards and the interiors tastefully furnished. The food is better than ever and Berny and Glenn's care and attention towards their guests made it a magical stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My wife &I have recently returned from a splendid week here. Beautiful position, lovely views, attractive rooms,and wonderful hosts - Bernie and Glenn. We ate in every night and the food, cooked by two young chefs was not to be missed. This is worlds away from the Algarve. If you like peace, lovely walks, deserted beautiful beaches then this is for you. We discovered this excellent hotel on the Alistair Sawday website. Oops, nearly forgot to mention that Glenn makes the best scrambled eggs ever - not to be missed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple