“Magnificent Restaurant!”

Price range: US$2 - US$23
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: South African Portuguese cuisine. Seafood, chicken and steaks prepared on order. Outside deck seating with beautiful views of the harbour Excellent food and excellent service. Chef is the owner.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Our dinner this evening was absolutely magnificent. The kingklip fillet is the best fish I've eaten in 5 years - crispy on the outside and beautifully soft an juicy on the inside. We also had a baby peri peri chicken and that too was magnificent. The service was the best we've experienced in Knysna (Thando was our waiter), we met the delightful owners, and then topped it off with creme caramel of the ilk that only true Portuguese people know how to make. What a delightful evening and dinner! Thanks O Pescador!

2  Thank carinevernetti

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The food was very bland. Service below average. Expensive for what you get. Well located but that it.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I have rudely forgotten their names but we had a lovely male waiter and female assistant. Waiter was hugely knowledgeable told us all about the food and the area where he grew up.

I had my first and last oyster (they are vile - but my husband assures me they were actually amazing if you like slimy cold fish )

Great local beers and wines.

I had a great steak dish called Esca... Something! Husband enjoyed the fish platter.

2  Thank Mazz1088
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The oysters were so fresh, "alive two minutes ago" according to our amazing host. I had the seafood combo for one and everything was perfectly cooked and tasted really fresh.

The view from the terrace over Knysna Quay is great as well, and the service was exemplary. Really can't fault O Pescador at all.

2  Thank alexpaddy
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice in 1 day, for lunch then evening drinks after a boat trip, service was brilliant along with food - highly recommend.

2  Thank Stephanie O
Lodete, Owner at O Pescador Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.