3 people are viewing this hotel
US$541
Free cancellation until 19/09/21
US$541
Free cancellation until 18/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$433
Free cancellation until 18/09/21
Hotels.comUS$541
LHW.comUS$553
CheapTicketsUS$541
2,809 results
All reviews the grill curry buffet high tea lighthouse bar oysters ocean terrace restaurant oyster bar resident cat our waiter attention to detail colonial style iconic lighthouse sea facing room sparkling wine plunge pool light house indian ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

The service level of this hotel is phenomenal. Every employee is focused on the guest’s needs. Never seen the like especially in South Africa. The food is excellent too- outstanding breakfasts - best quality produce.
This is a superbly run resort hotel and it was a treat staying there

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank joburgza
Roberto Rosa, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us at The Oyster Box.

I am thrilled to hear how you were blown away by the exceptional service and outstanding breakfasts for which we are renowned.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future for another amazing stay with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Absolutely insane. The service was world Class along with the food. I would definitely come back. The wag you steak is to die for along with the Crayfish and the duck. The starters were also out of this world

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank O2676ALnicholasb
Roberto Rosa, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Oyster Box.

I am thrilled to hear how you thoroughly enjoyed the fine dining Grill Room, in particular the delicious meals and world-class service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy many more exceptional moments with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2021

My daughter and I had lunch on the Terrace in May 2021, and found the experience to be sublime, from the food, the view, the warm weather and the person serving us (Byron) was attentive and pleasant.
I am looking forward to a return visit.

Date of stay: May 2021
Roberto Rosa, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

Dear Guest,

I am absolutely thrilled to hear how your daughter and yourself thoroughly enjoyed lunch on The Ocean Terrace, in particular the delicious food, amazing ocean view and fantastic service from Byron.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

The service with a smile from reception was amazing and a special thank you to Gugu at Concierge for her brilliant assistance with rebooking our flight.

Thank to the incredible room service staff in these trying times.

From Mrs. Sue Snaith

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Roberto Rosa, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear how you thoroughly enjoyed the exceptional service from the staff. Thank you for your special mention of the member of staff who took great care of you. I will be sure to share your review with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2021 via mobile

We had two great ocean facing rooms with spectacular views. Weather was great which allowed lazy day at the pool with lots of wonderful service including complimentary ice creams for the kids - big and small .

All the food and meals were great. Our favourite was the Boulder breakfast on the terrace with Byron looking after us with his friendly and attentive manner! In fact all the staff from William at the door to Patrick shuttling us around through to our wonderful room cleaner they were all great.

The winter sunshine was just the antidote for all the pandemic challenges.

Thanks you OB team!

Room tip: Easy shuttle from King Shaka airport to the hotel- no need for a car.
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank nicholasv156
Roberto Rosa, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Dear Guest,

I am absolutely delighted to hear how you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the exceptional service and amazing meals. Thank you for pointing out those members of staff who stood out to you. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay with us.