“Great adventure”

Blue Wilderness Shark Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shark Cage Diving - Swim with Sharks - Shark SCUBA Diving - These are just some of the great shark adventures that Blue Wilderness offers from our Shark Center in Scottburgh along Durban's South Coast. Our shark expeditions are suited for all levels of experience, age and confidence. Our goal is to allow everyone a safe, exciting and educational encounter with the sharks of Durban's Aliwal Shoal. We also offer Scuba Diving and during the months of May to July we follow South Africa's incredible Sardine Run.
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I hihgly reccomend Blue WIlderness. Tope professional crew, who made the adventure even more great. We were diving/snorkeling with 20-25 sharks. Something we will never forget.

All reviews
"aliwal shoal"
in 6 reviews
"an adventure"

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Mia was so great. We booked for last Saturday but due to strong wind and high seas Mia had us reschedule to make sure that we had the best experience possible! - And we did! I loved how Mia and the team really care and appreciate the oceans and the animals in it. I saw at lest 6 sharks! My group skipped the cage and just used the pole and free snorkelled.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Booked this experience with my sons and some friends we all had a great time. Just one small problem!!! Jess decided we didn’t need the cage. Do you jump out of boat or not as the sharks swim around the boat? Well we did and my what an experience. I have seen these creatures up close behind glass but this just took it to new level. I would recommend this company to anyone travelling in this area or if you live nearby go give it a go-everyone was very professional and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This was a really cool experience for us! I’m terrified of sharks but really glad we did this. Some tips- don’t bring your go pro unless you are really comfortable holding on to it in the water- I lost mine because I was being so careful about keeping my hands to myself around the sharks and it slipped off the strap. They also take great video you can buy for a small amount. Also if you easily get sea sick make sure you take something for it before hand! I’m prone to motion sickness and had to double up on medications and still felt nauseous- the water is choppy and the boat is small. And you don’t have to do the cage! I was nervous about cageless but it’s fine.
The staff is also really friendly and helpful, and you can tell they are very passionate about their jobs. It was a really fun experience I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank shilpad359
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2018

After five weeks in South Africa, this was by far one of the most stand-out experiences on the trip. They do an incredible job educating you about what you will see while snorkeling, as well as keeping the experience fun and safe. Mia was one of, if not the, best guides I have ever had. She was knowledgable and helpful during the excursion. She even arranged transport for us to the beach and called a cab for us for later that evening when we realized we did not have transport back. I would recommend this experience for anyone and everyone who will be in the Durban area.