“Better for lunch/dinner than breakfast”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #35 of 157 Restaurants in Goodyear
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2018

In April of 2016 I gave this location 3 stars for a breakfast meal I ate. I have since returned for lunch. there were 4 adults and 3 children in our group. The kid meals were okay and the adult meals were very good. We all had appetizers and the kids had deserts. We will return for lunch or dinner again in the future.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018

My friend and I decided to have lunch on Friday, June 29th. We were greeted with a smile and seated promptly in the booth we wanted. Our server, Nicole was very courteous . I placed our order and shortly afterwards our meals were delivered. Both of our orders were very tasty. I asked for strawberries on my salad that came with the quiche . No problem ! While we were eating, it seemed to get very cold with the A/C blowing cold air on us. Asked Nicole if the fan could be turned down. Moments later the fan was set to LOW. Really appreciated that. When we were ready to leave, Nicole asked us if we wanted "water to go" Wow, no one here in Arizona had ever asked us if we wanted water to take with us ! How thoughtful !!! Another great lunch at MiMi's !
You can be sure we will return. Nice place to enjoy lunch, not feel that we're being rushed and it was quiet enough so my friend and I could talk.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Went for breakfast and was very disappointed . This place used to be great for breakfast but like Goodyear in general is going downhill . I had the Santa Fe with the signature "greasy and salty" potatoes ...yuck . They used to be great potatoes but now -horrible . The place needs to get it together ,fire the cook as he should be in a bad Denney's by a truckstop . Not recommended .

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter & I were here for my birthday breakfast Friday a.m. I had been there 1 other time ‘ service was slow but decided to give them a second chance. We got there before the rush so that was good as wanted to get in & out. We were seated right away but waited 15mins. Before our waitress came to take our orders. Mind you the place was half empty... a guy sat down after us & received his food, ate & paid in 30mins. We however, we didn’t have the 2 meals we ordered 45 mins. Before then. I asked the waitress if our meal was going to be up in a min. Or 2 if not we’ll just cancel as we had other birthday plans. She checked on it, & boxed it up for us. She was nice & food was good but my birthday breakfast was taken on the road with me. Not a good way to start my day. Not sure if I’ll ever visit again & it’s right by my house, very disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here about 9am on a Saturday morning, party of 4. Hostess was seating the 3 or 4 parties ahead of us and before long we noticed she sat a party that had arrived after we had. They were a party of 6, so I thought "that's OK, they have a table that can accommodate 6, so seat them and we'll get the next table". Before long she sat another party, and it wasn't us! At that moment we were the only party in the waiting area, so we asked if she would be seating us soon. She replied "Oh, I forgot about you". Our reply..... "You wrote our name down, how could you skip over it and forget about us?" The question was met with a blank stare.

Upon seating our table was wiped down and left wet. When the waitress returned, she made a half dozen swipes across the table to dry it, leaving wet streaks throughout. While she was standing there I took my napkin and dried the table portion where I was sitting hoping to be offered another napkin. None was offered. Forks, spoons and 1 knife were distributed amongst the 4 of us with the explanation that more knives were in the dishwasher and she'd be bringing them soon.

We ordered our breakfasts. When the breakfasts were brought to our table we never had been given knives, so we were forced to ask for them. Disappointing.

On the plus side, my spouse ordered Corned Beef Hash Benedict and I went with the Eggs Benedict. We each traded one slice of our Benedicts and I loved them both. Corned Beef Hash as a Benedict is something I would never have thought of, but I loved it. The Eggs Benedict comes with hickory smoked ham rather than Canadian Bacon. Very tasty ham!

Really enjoyed both Benedicts, sadly our service, from the seating process to the missing knives was far beneath the level of the food.

Date of visit: April 2018