“Try it, you'll like it!”

Lolo's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #63 of 471 Restaurants in Gilbert
Reviewed 7 December 2017

They started out as an outgrowth of Mrs. Whites in downtown Phoenix, in a little shop in South Phoenix. I first went to LOLO's with a co-worker years ago and was hooked. It was tough to get in there then, for the long lines. Now they moved to new digs on Central, and have arrived in several locations, not the least is this one on Gilbert road.

A full service restaurant & bar, tough to get into most time, so leave early and call ahead.

It is worth the wait.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We came here for lunch with friends. I had a great chicken salad and my husband had shrimp and Mac and cheese that was to die for. Our friend’s wife was able to get just one pancake rather than the portion of three listed on the menu. The only disappointment was our friend’s catfish and grits dish that only had two pieces of catfish. The waitress was super friendly and helpful. We sat out on the patio with the soft breeze on a most delightful day.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

While visiting one of my friends in Phoenix Arizona, she kind of insisted that we try this restaurant. Chicken and waffles? Now I'm a good ole Southern girl and I like good fried chicken but I've never had chicken and waffles together. So I was up for it. I really enjoy the ambience and our waiter was simply wonderful. Since I can't eat a lot of bread I opted for the chicken and fries and the chicken was wonderful. I wish I had tried the waffles because the little ones that we here with us totally wolfed them down. I would've given them five stars, but the chicken was cooked really well done (not dry or anything but really dark brown). We ate outside and it was a beautiful day to have dinner on the veranda. LOL I would it again but I will have the waffles next time.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We always stop into LoLo’s when we are in the Phoenix area. We choose the downtown location usually because it’s the original but now I hear they have one in Vegas. Of course the grits are awesome and so is the Fried Chicken.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great food and service! We tried all the different pancakes and they were all great! The banana, pecan and caramel pancakes were fantastic, the red velvet pancakes were delicious and the Oreo pancakes were delightful! We are going back soon for more!