“If you want a cup of coffee and some pastry, yes; a nice breakfast, NO!!”

HG Roastery and Cafe
Ranked #5 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Gilbert
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Higher Grounds Roastery and Cafe is an unique cafe located in Gilbert, Arizona. HG offers fresh coffee, roasted in-house, as well as a great menu to complement the coffee. We offer some of the finest cold brew coffee in the area as well as 40+ different syrup flavors to choose from.Our atmosphere is comfortable and fun while you sit back and enjoy your coffee. For the business professionals and students we offer complementary wi-fi and laptop plugins are located around the store.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We read all of the great reviews for this place and decided to give it a try for breakfast. One look at the pitiful menu and we walked out. There were a lot of people going in and out for coffee but no one eating breakfast. I can see why. They shouldn't advertise themselves as an eatery. All they have are two-tops for tables with one single large picnic table for a group. There were 3 of us so we had to push 2 tables together. This place does not meet our needs and we won't recommend it or go back again.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I recently picked up breakfast to go, and it was so AMAZING, I have been back four times in the past three weeks, bringing different people each time, to spread the word! I LOVE the breakfast quesadilla, a generous portion of grilled flour tortillas stuffed with scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, and avocado, served with a fabulous, creamy "Ranchero sauce", sour cream, and salsa! The "Meat-lover's Omelette" is also divine, and they let me substitute breakfast potatoes instead of a choice of toast, as I am now gluten-free. Speaking of which, they do have several baked goods that ARE gluten-free! The coffee drinks are delicious, and ask for a mug if you are eating there, it adds to the experience of divine coffee. I like the Candied Orange Mocha, personally, but the choices are immense!
There are bagel sandwiches, breakfast bowls, pancakes, French toast, burritos, kid's meals, and many lunch choices.
Very charming, small place, with patios out back and in front, too, and a friendly staff.
Eat and support local! You cannot go wrong here!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is my neighborhood go to. It is a small little spot tucked away in a strip mall area. They have GREAT coffee drinks and offer all milks (regular, coconut, almond, soy). They also have a great little menu for breakfast and lunch items. In door and out door seating. And they allow dogs on the patio.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

This place is outside our normal circle, tried it out of pure luck, and we loved it. The coffee is great, we loved our Latte with coconut milk and white mocha. Had the egg white panini, can't wait to try the oatmeals and The Chiabata Believe It on our next visit, and there will be a next visit!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

This is just good food! We went for breakfast and can't wait to find time to go back. Everything we had in our group was enjoyed. My favorite thing was the granola as part of my yogart parfait. I love granola. This was made in house and so fresh.

Date of visit: July 2016